Worst VHL(M) Hiring Ever!

Spartan

Unless you've been living under the proverbial VHL rock, you've probably seen the announcement linked above. Pretty big, I know, and also pretty controversial for being one of the worst VHL(M) hirings ever. And yes, I am specifically referring to the hiring of @Gustav  as an M commissioner.

Jokes aside, it was pretty neat to not only be hired for the massive role, but to be hired alongside Gus who I've always respected and enjoyed discussing BoG topics with. We've already had some discussions about the job and things to potentially keep an eye on or change in the near future, so we're pretty enthused about the possibilities and making the M the best it can be. We're generally pretty happy with the current GM's and will work with them all to make sure they're comfortable in their roles and not feeling overwhelmed. That's one of our top priorities really, to make sure the people tasked with one of the most important jobs in the league feel supported and valued. So yeah, will be pretty interesting to see how things goes and I apologize for any future announcement, since neither Gus nor I are known for being concise.

On more personal news, since I don't talk about Nico ever, I've declined my Mutual Option with Helsinki in sort of a two-fold reasoning. First was that Helsinki has been a bit slow to move this offseason and I'm worried about the state of the team next season with so many UFA's that have yet to be signed. I've always been upfront that if the roster isn't competitive, I can't commit to staying on the team. With FA opening up tomorrow and discussions starting today, the proverbial "message" had to be sent with the declining of the option. The other reason is also just that I think there's going to be a lot of players (from a team sense) in free agency and I think it'd be nice to test the market and see where I can end up. So yeah, will be fun!