Offseason Ramblings

jacobcarson877

Now that we’re fully into my favourite part of the season cycle, draft season, there’s been a lot of developments. The Brigade are hoping to close out Team Clue in the Junior Showcase Tournament, up 2 games to none to start the series. Team Europe lost a tough semi-final matchup after surviving the play-in round. I am hoping to see some success in the World Cup personally but also representing a new team, Team USA.

When it comes to the Marlins, the draft list is ready, hoping to grab a few more picks but it has proven to be a bit difficult to move down within this draft. I’m still optimistic that once the 6th overall pick rolls around, I’ll either be able to pick someone I love of my list, or be able to move down. Hopefully once the GM carousel is complete I can acquire an AGM that I can prepare for the next offseasons. With Shindigs already announcing his retirement at the end of this season and hiring his hopeful successor, I’ll hope to add someone else to the management prospect pool for other vacancies.

New VHLM GMs were announced and no real surprises, 3 great members who absolutely deserved these positions. Very excited for some fresh faces in the league and hopefully we can all succeed in our goal of developing VHL-ready talent.

Edited by jacobcarson877