London United Press Conferences

Dil

Week Ending: September 4, 2022

1. The VHL draft just concluded and London picked up a few prospects, what do you think would be a good way to introduce them to the team/city?

2. Training Camps have opened this week, what part of training camp are you not excited for?

3. Quickly! @Gustav has fallen down a flight of stairs and is unconscious, which teammates shoes are you making him smell to try to wake him up?

4. Off seasons can get quite boring for players, whats one thing you do to keep yourself entertained without hockey?

5. The team has ruled that @eagle_3450cannot be trusted to ride a motorcycle, which kind of vehicle do you think suites him the best?

6. Team ownership is considered creating matching, pink, team pyjamas. To add extra flair to it, they want a giant picture of an animal across the back. What animal do you think would best represent the London United?

Edited by Dil

1. Being one of those prospects, and having had a few days to hover around in the locker room, I feel like this team would strap me down to the roof of a car and just drive around.

2. The clicking. Oh it's so hard on my fingers.

3. Can't say I know anyone well enough to have an educated answer but probably just the ones nearest to me at that time.

4. Spinning around in circles until I fall. Did you know that if you spin 3 times in one direction and then spin 1 time in the opposite direction, you can negate the dizziness?

5. I don't know him but maybe a clown car?

6. Definitely a chipmunk. Adorable on the outside, but much potential to be psychotic in the inside.

17 minutes ago, Dil said:

Week Ending: September 4, 2022

1. The VHL draft just concluded and London picked up a few prospects, what do you think would be a good way to introduce them to the team/city?

2. Training Camps have opened this week, what part of training camp are you not excited for?

3. Quickly! @Gustav has fallen down a flight of stairs and is unconscious, which teammates shoes are you making him smell to try to wake him up?

4. Off seasons can get quite boring for players, whats one thing you do to keep yourself entertained without hockey?

5. The team has ruled that @eagle_3450cannot be trusted to ride a motorcycle, which kind of vehicle do you think suites him the best?

6. Team ownership is considered creating matching, pink, team pyjamas. To add extra flair to it, they want a giant picture of an animal across the back. What animal do you think would best represent the London United?

1. I think we assign each of them a topic and they have to do book reports (minimum 5000 words).  Topics could include, a review of independent dining establishments, a review of tourist attractions, a full report on their first attempt driving in the London, etc.

2) I love training camp, bring it on.

3) Using Zaza Colors first pair of skates, those should work

4) Off season is for eating great food

5) Since a motor cycle is out, then i am assigning him a Vespa

6) If we are getting pink pajama's we need unicorns on them

Being one of the people drafted I'm certainly hoping its food related but if not I'd be totally okay with a new car. 

Bag skating will probably make me cry a couple times. Seems like the absolute worst exercise. 

3. Quickly! @Gustav has fallen down a flight of stairs and is unconscious, which teammates shoes are you making him smell to try to wake him up?

Dil's shoes because they will probably have a strong smell of onion and spices so he'll get up and feel super hungry. It's science. 

Ball is life. Basketball and apparently spending extended times out in the forest without any sort of cell communication. 

5. The team has ruled that @eagle_3450cannot be trusted to ride a motorcycle, which kind of vehicle do you think suites him the best?

Get him a can-am spyder. He'd look like a lil goofy goober on one of those and I think it would fit him well. 

I want a butterfly or I want nothing. Give me that juicy couture vibes baby. 

Week Ending: September 11, 2022

1. The season is about to start, do you have a personal goal for this season?

2. Ivan Retoslav ( @eagle_3450 )'s babysitter has cancelled! Who on the team do you think would best be able to take care of the little booger?

3. As we know our team captain, Molly the Cat ( @JCarson ), is a cat. What do you think the league should do to encourage more felines to play the sport?

4. SCENARIO: You and one of your teammates are in a plane crash! You manage to escape the crash unharmed and find yourself lost in a jungle. You have to find a way to safety and get back home. Which teammate do you want with you, and why?

5. Our AGM, @Gustav , is planning on hosting optional yoga classes for the team, are you going to be attending?

6. Team management recently decided to make the queen the team's mascot, which received some backlash. What would you rather see as our mascot?

2 minutes ago, Dil said:

2. Ivan Retoslav ( @eagle_3450 )'s babysitter has cancelled! Who on the team do you think would best be able to take care of the little booger?

3. As we know our team captain, Molly the Cat ( @JCarson ), is a cat. What do you think the league should do to encourage more felines to play the sport?

4. SCENARIO: You and one of your teammates are in a plane crash! You manage to escape the crash unharmed and find yourself lost in a jungle. You have to find a way to safety and get back home. Which teammate do you want with you, and why?

5. Our AGM, @Gustav , is planning on hosting optional yoga classes for the team, are you going to be attending?

6. Team management recently decided to make the queen the team's mascot, which received some backlash. What would you rather see as our mascot?

1, 20 goals, 50 points

2) let Gustav do it

3) I'm fine being the only Cat

4) Which is the biggest that I can eat

5) No yoga, I'll have a nap

6) One of the royal guards

50 minutes ago, Dil said:

1. 25 Goals, 45 Points.

2. Fuck you

3. Nothing I'd prefer Molly be the only cat.

4. Zaza because of how tall and strong he is.

5. Maybe if Retoslav has time for it.

6. NO ONE, GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

• Dil changed the title to London United Press Conferences

I want to be a top scorer in the VHLE for shizzle. Low key side mission of leading the E in hits too. 

Dil because he'll probably just play hockey with the kid so he'll be distracted enough. Don't know how he would feed him though. 

Cat-Nip bonuses. Would that technically be promising drugs as bonuses though?

Gustav probably because he seems like he may have a lot of stories to keep us busy until we decide to eat each other's legs off. 

No fucking way I'm the least flexible person ever and I would be in pain the entire time. 

Fries. Brits love fries. I don't know why not right. 

Week Ending Sept 18, 2022

1) If you had to rename your player, what name would you give them?

2) We have now played about 10% of the season, how do you think your player is doing?

3) Team Prediction Question: Who will end the season with the most game winning goals?

4) If you were a scout for the team, what position would you be prioritizing for the next draft?

5) Personal Prediction Question: Will you have more than 25 goals by the end of the season?

6) Get to know you question: What is your favorite Pizza?

43 minutes ago, JCarson said:

2) We have now played about 10% of the season, how do you think your player is doing?

3) Team Prediction Question: Who will end the season with the most game winning goals?

4) If you were a scout for the team, what position would you be prioritizing for the next draft?

5) Personal Prediction Question: Will you have more than 25 goals by the end of the season?

1. Landon Wolanin II
2. My player is doing... great.

3. Saku Kotkakoivu
4. For London, D for sure. For Calgary probably a top D, a future G and some prospect wingers.

5. At this rate probably not.

6. Free Pizza

On 9/12/2022 at 11:11 AM, JCarson said:

1) Igor Retoslav

2) pretty well, more than triple the points I had at this time last season.

3) Retoslav or Molly most likely

4) DEFENSE

5) Yes I will!

6) Pepperoni because I'm simple, not bland

Week Ending  Sep 25, 2022

1) You have been put in charge of picking a team pet, what would you pick and why?

2) Dil recently visited Calgary, which VHL city would you like to visit and why?

3) Team Prediction Question: DO you think we will make the playoffs this season? Explain why you came to this decision.

4) What characteristic of our GM Dil do you admire the most? (keep it positive)

5) Personal Questions: What is your weekly target for TPE earned? Is there anything that Dil or the team captains could do to assist you in reaching that goal?

6) Get to know you question: What is the closest VHL city to where you currently live? Do you go there frequently?

1. Dogs because they are are best little angels on this planet and deserve life more than humans

2. Helsinki because Finland seems like it could be a good time. Not sure if I’ll like the food though. 
3. I think we will just barely squeak in and that’s because I feel like we have the talent to do so and as the season goes on the team will be a lot better and we’ll hopefully hit a hot streak. 
4. his Brownness 

5. it’s 12 however I’m in the midst of a move and a lot of things are on the back burner rn so hopefully I’ll get back to doing 12 soon

6. Vancouver, I’m there all day errryyyday

• 4 weeks later...

Press conference Week of Oct 30, 2022 (Off season edition)

1) It is the first week of our offseason, what is your player doing to relax?

2) Training during the offseason has become a significant focus for many top players, what specifically is your focus for your offseason training?

3) What expectations do you have for next season?

4) Do you expect to be more or less involved during the offseason?

5) Will your player do better next year than they did this year?

6) What is one thing you like about the VHL experience?

1. Getting back into gaming a bit more and back in the gym!

2. I want to make sure scoring and defense get boosted before the next season starts!

3. Playoffs and being competitive!

4. A little more involved now since I have more time on my hands!

5. He will update more often that's for sure!
6. How active it is! a lot of players and a lot of updating players!