Thunder’s Wordcast for the Podcasting Impaired - Episode #3

Thunder

This is episode #3 of Thunder’s Wordcast for the Podcasting Impaired.  If you haven’t figured it out by now, its because I am absolutely inept when it comes to creating a podcast so this is my feeble attempt at podcasting.  Today’s wordcast may include the following:  TPE attributes, Jardy’s podcast, Trivia, and a traffic report.  I say “may include” only because I don’t know how long I will be talking (dictating) so some may be left out. Let’s begin.

The new week started out with me trying to figure out what I would be discussing on this wordcast for my 6 TPE.  Usually I have something figured out sometime on Sunday or when I first wake up Monday, but this one I was a little slow coming up with ideas.  Instead of walking the dog for 55 minutes I decided to jump on the tread and got into a 30 minute run titled Swedish House Mafia.  I didnt have a clue what it was but I figured it out quickly that it was a band and the run would be listening to their songs.  But that doesnt really matter because I have the volume down on the tread and the TV volume turned up to watch Netflix while on the tread.  Regardless, it was while I was on the tread that I came up with the first topic to discuss, TPE.

Going into this season my goal is to get Thunder’s defense up to 90 and its not looking good considering all the TPE it’s costing.  Just looking at the attribute cost and doing some quick calculating in my head, it appears that most of my earned TPE could possibly get Thunder up to 90, but in doing so he’d probably spend most of his time in the penalty box.  Defense is in four attributes:  PC .24 defense, .18 strength; DC .18 defense, .18 skating; DK .12 defense, .24 puck handling; BC .06 defense, .36 checking.  With the current cost, its looking like it would take 21 TPE to increase defense by one, putting it all into PC.  As far as DC goes, its 28 TPE cost to bump up D by one.  The other two would take well over 40 TPE to bump up just one defensive point.  I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like to get the other two defensive points if it will even be possible this season.  Perhaps this will come up in another episode.

The next topic in this wordcast is Jardy’s heckling podcast.  I try to listen to Jardy every couple of weeks, along with Spartan’s podcast.  Other than those two I often pick one just to get the 1 tpe for doing a review.  I only have to do that when I get a trivia answer wrong.  Jardy’s podcast is usually entertaining and informative.  The dude can talk and he does it with ease which must make it smooth for him to do his TPE podcasts.  On the latest podcast, Jardy straight up provided some interesting insights into free agency and options the GM’s have to pick up Poopy Peepants.  Now, I’m only going to mention his discussion about one team and how I’m so glad that Poopy Peepants didnt get onto that team.  That team is Davos, and its not because I wouldn’t want to have Poopy on Davos, but its because in order for Poopy to go to Davos, GM Alex would have probably had to trade away a defenseman and Thunder would have been the likely candidate.  No offense Poopy!  Thunder likes Davos and doesn’t want to leave.

Anyway, the discussion on free agency and salary caps adds to the interest in the VHL and makes it quite entertaining.  In addition to that, I’m sure it gives the GM’s more to think about and plan ahead and definitely explains why VHL GM’s need to be groomed and cannot just jump into such an assignment.  Good luck Poopy, and please use that latest sign off as your official trademark.  “Bye bitch.”

Once again, the traffic discussion will not be on this wordcast because I’m getting close to 700 words and I got shit to do.  “Later bitch.”

700 words