Phil Knight Re-mounts his Horse

Phil

Calgary GM did more than he probably should have moving up in the draft to snag another of Phil Knight's players. 

Phil Strasmore was draft third overall in the recent VHL Entry Draft. Appropriately, Knight is on the Wranglers and now the King Arthur jokes will flow. Let's see if he can actually pull Excalibur from the stone of his Cup drought and help Calgary get back to the top of the league. 

Phil Strasmore and Knight are both extremely excited to be welcomed (back) to the Calgary Franchise.

"This was something I didn't think would happen. I didn't even allow myself to dream of it," Knight said afterwards. "This will be the best place for Strasmore to develop and thrive. I cannot wait to see how he progresses."

"I was super happy to just be drafted. Most Mock Drafts had me at 5-7 so going in the top 3 - makes me feel top of the world," Strasmore explains. 

It seems like a great atmosphere in Calgary at the moment. They got the pick they wanted, and the draftee is excited and motivated - look he even got all his capped TPE in this week. That's putting in the work. LET'S GO!!

the rock paparazzi GIF by TMZ