Streaming

der meister

Going back to a little bit of a stream of consciousness style .com this week, and let me preface this by saying I am absolutely not targeting or attacking anyone. Now, with that out of the way...

What's up with the long delays in getting task submissions approved for TPE? I thought the league was hiring more people to keep this train a'movin'. Will 6 TPE make the difference between a loss and a win for my team? Almost certainly not. But ask yourselves, VHL - what does ol' Der Meister have in his life to look forward to other than applying digital currency to his fake hockey player? I'll tell you: not much. Ryuji's success is my success, and his failure is my failure. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get a VHL logo tattoo branded on my forehead.

I woke up today to a rejection on my first novel. It's not the best feeling in the world. The publishing industry is a complete disaster - for music nerds out there, think of what the RIAA was doing with the Napster lawsuits back in the early 2000s, and how back-asswards the RIAA was in that situation, and that's basically publishing right now. It's frustrating and draining and I wish I could make some headway into this field and actually start doing something with the one talent I have. 

1 hour ago, aimkin said:

Sorry about the novel rejection. Keep pushing and keep getting it out there! Also if you're interested in it, it's very easy and relatively cheap to self publish on Amazon. ☺ 

I've done some self-publishing on Amazon for short stories and a short story collection. I'm really hesitant to keep using them though, because it became something of a trend on tiktok for people to buy books digitally on Amazon, read them, and then return them. Amazon gives the buyer a full refund, but charges the actual author a digital restocking fee, which has led to a lot of authors actually owing Amazon money every month 

1 minute ago, der meister said:

I've done some self-publishing on Amazon for short stories and a short story collection. I'm really hesitant to keep using them though, because it became something of a trend on tiktok for people to buy books digitally on Amazon, read them, and then return them. Amazon gives the buyer a full refund, but charges the actual author a digital restocking fee, which has led to a lot of authors actually owing Amazon money every month 

Oh that's gross. Of course Amazon would do something like that. 

5 hours ago, der meister said:

What's up with the long delays in getting task submissions approved for TPE?

Sorry about the novel rejection, that's super sad to hear but I hope you're able to find alternative avenues to getting it published.

Regarding this point though, it is common for updates to go slowly in the offseason since there aren't sims, and updaters are also chilling during this time since there's minimal urgency. The entire queue was cleared before first sims on Wednesday though, so everyone who submitted in the earlier half of the week would have been approved. Your earliest pending update seems to have been posted and claimed Thursday evening, so we're still in the general 24-48 hour approval period. It should be approved p soon though, I'll try to clear stuff later in the day.