My VHLF Draft

Hoopydog

I wanted to do a quick review of my fantasy draft and give a little insight into why I picked each my player and my strategy overall. I was 5th in my draft order but my group had a lot of skips so I was probably able to get some player that might’ve gotten picked before it was my turn. None the less, this is the team that will hopefully lead me to glory.

1st Pick – Anze Miklavz

I took Miklavz with my first picked. I usually like to take a forward with my first picked and with Nico Pearce being off the board. I thought taking his high scoring team mate was a good choice.

2nd Pick – Vinny Detroit

With this pick there were still a lot of the top defensemen available but the top forwards were disappearing fast so I decided to snag Detroit and bank on there being good D-Men later

3rd Pick – Hulk Hogan 2

It was time for me to take a D-Man and with the obvious ones gone, I went with Hogan. Top D-Man on a top team. Seemed like a no brainer to me.

4th Pick – Brendan Marner

This was a tough one. The picks were going back up the order and half of the guys above me in the order had picked all their D so I knew I could take a forward. I took Marner last year and I’ve got him again.

5th Pick – Erlantz Jokinen

Not much to say about this one. Good D-Man on a decent team. I’ll have that thank you.

6th Pick – Xavier Booberry

Took the best goalie available, not much else to say