My Player's Expectations in the S85 VHL Season.

xNJDevilsFanx

The Start:

It's a new season, meaning new drama in the VHL; there are new expectations for P.J. Daniels this season. With guidance from the veterans on this roster,  I could become a force for the Chicago Phoenix. I like to challenge myself to unpredictable goals every season because I know they aren't impossible. I put time and effort into my craft because I love what I do. I appreciate the game of hockey just like these veterans do because I respect athletes who continue to strive for success in this sport. The board of directors knows this could be the "breakout year" for the Chicago Phoenix, so my contribution is vital to how the team performs. The little mistakes will determine whether we are challengers or champions by the end of the season. 

In this article, I will list my player goals for the season. I'm also going to talk about my first season in the VHL and how I could help the Chicago Phoenix win games. So, let's get started. 

Rookie Regular Season Stats: 

I recorded nineteen goals, twenty-one assists, forty points, two-hundred and seven shots, four game-winning goals, eighty-nine hits, and a +/- of three in seventy-two games. My goal was to record fifty points in goals & assists. I was off by ten on my personal goal. I was lenient on myself because it was my rookie season, and I made rookie mistakes. It was a great learning experience for me because we participated in competitive games. I was drafted as a late first-round pick because I didn't have the best build. The Chicago Phoenix coaches fixed my play style and got me into a winning mindset. After the regular season, we were ready for the playoffs. We are a fantastic chance to bring home the VHL continental cup back to the Chicago Phoenix. But, the pressure on our soldiers was too much for us to handle. 

Rookie VHL Continental Cup Playoffs Stats:

P.J. Daniels was poor in this playoff run, recording two goals, three assists, 5 points, 20 shots, and eight hits in seven games. Fortunately, we had a rest before we played the Seattle Bears in the second round of the playoffs, thanks to seeding. It was an exciting series from the start to the finish line. The Chicago Phoenix started with wins in games one and three, and the Seattle Bears responded in games two and four. The pivotal match came, and we succumbed to the pressure. This next game determined our fate in the playoffs. At home, we forced a Game seven in Seattle after defeating the Bears with a 2-1 score. The Seattle Bears had one more chance to close the series at home, and they did. Despite the effort from Baby Bob, we couldn't overcome the dominant Seattle Bears. But little did we know that we almost defeated the VHL powerhouse of the Seattle Bears. Eventually, the Seattle Bears lost to the Warsaw Predators in six games. 

My goal is to finish the season with sixty or more points. I want to be a heavy contributor to this championship run, and I will make sacrifices to help the team improve and ultimately win a championship in Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 3:45 PM, lil OG z said:

Should have used orange for the second paragraph and maybe a few more spots. Overall amazing job!

I was rushing to get the article out. Thank you and have a fantastic day. Go check out my recent article that's out!