Eagles donates salary

Greg_Di

Henry Eagles today has announced he will be donating a portion of his salary to help open a new ice rink in his community. This arena will be used to junior hockey games as well as other ice activities such as family skating, competitive ice skating and curling. This new arena was much needed as the current facility was over 40 years old and starting to fall apart.

"I think every community needs a arena where everyone can learn to skate or even play their favorite sports " Henry said "I always like to be involved in the community and this was a great way to help out and help bring a new and improved arena. The town wanted to name the arena after me but I declined. This isn't about having your name on a building but it's about helping out all the kids who one day may grow up to be great athletes"

It is rumored Henry will be funding 75% of the costs of the arena but we were unable to verify the number. We look forward to the grand opening which is slated to happen by the start of next year.