London @ Davos

CowboyinAmerica

:dav:

Davos, Switzerland -- Though the VHL season is nearly complete, there remains a few spots left to shake out in the standings. And perhaps none is bigger than the third seed in the European Conference, where Davos leads London by just four points - but London has five games remaining, while Davos only has three. That would be interesting enough on its own, but adding to the intrigue is the schedule: The two teams will play each twice in the season's remaining games, both times in Switzerland.

The third seed is an important one, as it means avoiding the wild card round and a likely matchup against an also strong Malmo side. To Davos goalie Xavier Booberry, it was also the one goal he focused on after being traded from Helsinki mid-season.

"I wanted that third seed, because anything can happen in a wild card series," he explained. "But that two-three matchup, I'd feel a lot more comfortable."

Outside of playing London twice at home, Davos also goes on the road to Chicago for their next game. On the London end, they also host Helsinki and D.C., while going on the road to Seattle. While Booberry wouldn't make any predictions about how the standings will end, he does enjoy having the four point lead.

"Our play has been strong down the stretch, and we would have the tiebreaker due to wins. This makes the road clear: Win two games. And I'm excited to try and do it."