HC Davos Dynamo Eliminated from Playoff Contention and Mexico City Kings Playoff Run

badcolethetitan

HC Davos Dynamo Eliminated from Playoff Contention and Mexico City Kings Playoff Run

Siyan.png

Elimination Game

As of yesterday, the HC Davos Dynamo were eliminated in the VHL playoffs by the Warsaw Predators. It was a devastating moment for Captain Siyan Yasilievich, who led the team to the playoffs, but still has yet to go past the Conference Semifinals in his career. When the final buzzer hit and it finally set in that another season was done for Siyan's career, he was on one knee on the ice watching the Warsaw Predators celebrate their win over Davos. Siyan knew that his career was far from over, but it's twice now that his team was knocked out in the Conference Semifinals, and this one felt bittersweet, as Davos was expected to be a solid team this season and be a potential runner for the cup. In the press conference after the game, Siyan was asked his thoughts on the season and what he's going to be doing in the off-season with his time off, to which he replied, "I felt like this season was a disappointing one from a fans perspective. We were expected to be a top team and we fell short this season, so on behalf of the Davos organization and team, we'd like to apologize for our player this season. We did not meet expectations and we have always come short since I've been a member of the Davos Dynamo. As the captain, I feel like I bear a lot of the responsibilities for the team's play and I didn't have the best season either. As for the off-season, I'll probably be heading back home for a couple of weeks to spend time with my family. They've got me this far and I haven't seen them in a while, so I want to visit them. After that, I'll probably do some off-season training with @Thunder as he had a fantastic year and maybe he could teach me a thing or two!"

Siyan Yasilievich is currently contracted under Davos for another two seasons where he'll look to try to bring a championship to the organization!

Mexico City Kings Playoff Run

The Mexico City Kings, the fourth seed in the VHLM took down the Saskatoon Wild, the fifth seed in a 4-0 sweep. We asked GM Coleh his thoughts on the second round, where they're currently tied with the Las Vegas Aces, who beat them last season 4-1 in the Semifinals, to which he said, "Yeah, so the Aces are a solid team and they are looking to threepeat. In my eyes, we're the only team that can give them a run for their money, and I feel like if we end up losing to them, they're going to win the cup. I made a move of acquiring The Mediocre One around the trade deadline to bring some more offensive threat to our team, and I feel like in the long run we can take down the Aces. If we end up winning the series, I'm fairly confident that we will be the VHLM Champions and we'll bring glory to Mexico City once more."

The Mexico City Kings will have a tough road ahead of them, as they'll have to take down the Aces and also have to beat the Reapers or the Marauders, which are two very good teams. We'll see if the Kings will be able to complete their run or if they'll just fall short!

Edited by badcolethetitan