What's Next?

kirbithan

mtMIEgGJ7WxgNdrXM6IIETi8YuY6X24EcYv_b0X3m16kK3qulvw7Rv_L5j4TaNV6RE9EWcVtYUGh5HlPDIFsd81-5WKtLO0B6a_aLdQ7ZODzZZtrITam76cd1e0ZnZmSX-0-s4V9rUwZ-ANJyHjKPIxcX4S1ewseU5lkwOc6b_eXsk7jJ7U7_mllrg

The San Diego Marlins were able to take the Las Vegas Aces to six games in a valiant effort to oust the reigning champs, but fell just short. However, that’s nothing to be ashamed of— many counted the Marlins out before the series even started, predicting they’d be swept and thrown aside.

“I still shoulda been better in those last two games, y’know? Maybe things would’ve been different.” Lachlan’s expression was unreadable, his eye twitching. Multiple microphones and cameras were shoved in his face as he stood at his locker during cleanout day. “That being said, the team still played their hearts out. Our squad wasn’t as deep as Vegas’ and we still put up a hell of a fight.”

When asked what was next for him, he pondered the thought for a moment. “San Diego’s been my home for two seasons now and I appreciate everything the Marlins organization and the city has done for me and my family. I hope they feel the same way about me. Now it’s time to recharge and get ready for the VHL and VHLE drafts— make a good impression on these general managers.”

“Are you nervous about that, Lachlan?”

“Do I look nervous?”