Wann Kerr's draft interview FAQs

VattghernCZ

Are you willing to play for [insert team name]?

This is my first gen player. I have no feeling towards any VHL/VHLE team. Being czech, it would be cool to eventually end up with the Phantoms. But that's just for the memes, more important for me is to join a team where there are guys willing to help out a rookie.

What are your expectations for the following season?

Spending it in the E, meeting new people to see different perspectives and views on the game and carrying on being a max earner.

What are your expectations for your career?

I'd consider it a failure to retire without winning the Continental Cup at least once. I don't really expect to win individual hardware, the trophy I'm interested in the most is Daisuke Kanou Trophy. Mostly because winning it means there's a good chance my team has won the Cup.

What type of player are you/are you building towards?

I call it a Brayden Point-like two-way center. I'd like to eventually get my DF and FO to 90s, SK and PH to high 80s with SC a few points behind. I don't really care about CK, but it will go up because upgrading BC will eventually become the most TPE-efficient way to increase DF. ST will come naturally to 99+ with this build, I will not target PA, and I won't put any points in FG, LD or DI.

Edited by VattghernCZ

Seeing this post made think about a few things actually. I know in the SBA there's a career task called a scouting profile, although that is rather player build focused. Even here we have the Prospect Scouting Report, which is mostly fiction and maybe a bit on the build end, but a career task structured with questions agreed upon by VHLE and VHL GMs much like this one here could get rid of all of that gross small talk stuff that players and GMs alike hate. Draft Interviews then don't have to be repetitive mush, because obviously this information is useful, but realistically doesn't need to be repeated over and over again to all what 24 VHLE and VHL GMs. GMs can then have far more personal and insightful conversations with prospects, on career plans and timelines and such and have skipped the first base.

Just a thought. Great Article and best of luck going forward with Wann Kerr!

Edited by jacobcarson877