In Which I Ramble

der meister

Another week of me putting off my .com piece until the last minute. I expect [or should I say, hope] that once next season starts I will feel motivated to actually write these in a more timely fashion, but that, like a clear casket at a funeral, remains to be seen.

I started up Ryuji Sakamoto right around the same time that I returned to the SHL and made Eero Makela, who has a very similar build despite the differences in the engines in STHS and FHM. Makela won the league's best defenseman award last season and I expect will be up for it again whenever the awards are announced. Having said that, I still think the SHL's TPE inflation has made the league worse than it needs to be, and the updating system / regression over there is an absolute nightmare compared to the VHL's app. I hope I'm able to have similar success with Sakamoto, hopefully starting this season, as careers in the VHL are typically quite a bit shorter than in the SHL. One nice thing about FHM is the inclusion of Offensive Game Ratings and Defensive Game Ratings, so for us shutdown defensemen-types, we can actually see what our player is doing other than a few blocked shots or hits here and there. I don't particularly want to see the VHL move to FHM, though - I like the comparative simplicity of STHS, and I think the VHL's method of earning TPE would really struggle under the weight of so many attributes, unless the hybridization affected multiple skills simultaneously.