Dabnad Shaw - Old but still gold

Dabnad

Dabnad Shaw, a defenseman who plays for the Malmo Nighthawks, is a pretty decent player. He brings many things to the team including his shot blocking however, one of the biggest thing he brings is his experience and his excitement. He’s a good player who’s decently active. Lets go talk to the old man and see how he’s been for the past time

“Hello Shaw how are you?”

“Hey, one of my first interviews in a while it’s been”

“So, let’s get right to the point, how is it being an old man on the team compared to a rookie?”

“Well, being honest I think, while being a small difference, the difference is really that I went from being the one receiving the advice, to the one being taught how to give the advice while receiving the advice. That might be confusing but what I mean is that I go from being someone who has to learn how everything works in the team and how the team works, learning about the team, and seeing how the management works to learning directly from the management to teach the new and learning kids of the team in the near future.”

“How do you learn from the management in a way that you teach others?”

“Learning from the management is a simple yet interesting thing that nearly every single player has to do. To learn from the management simply means that we have to learn how the team works, and then contribute to the management. This way we learn more about the team, and the player which are coming in. We learn their positives and negatives, and what they need to improve on. Simply put, we learn how to nurture the new talent into becoming a better player which makes the franchise better.”

“When have you been put into this role of being in the management?”

“I think that the player is put into this role around 2-3 years after you’re in the organization, being in the league and being in the team is different. Staying with one organization is important in that sense that we learn how the team works the entire time and we don’t mix up the different skills and management types of every organization and team. Creating a fun and loving environment for the team is also a role which I’ve been put up to and it’s a role which I atleast try to do to the best of my ability.”

“That’s a great answer, I’d like to thank you from the entire league, have a good one mate and good luck on your retirement in a bit”

“Ah I’ve sadly still got some time before I can retire, though if Kaleeb allows me I can retire now, there’s a great system down in the M maybe I can get some work down there, anyways have a good one!”

14 minutes ago, Dabnad said:

“Ah I’ve sadly still got some time before I can retire, though if Kaleeb allows me I can retire now, there’s a great system down in the M maybe I can get some work down there, anyways have a good one!”

Episode 17 Laughing GIF by The Simpsons