Checking out Stats: Strasmore

Phil

On this new series I probably won't follow through on, I will be diving into the player pages of some of the VHLs best, worst, and everything in between. I figured there's no better place to start off than with my own player, because a healthy dose of nepotism is always appropriate.

So Phil Strasmore is a Sophmore in the VHL. He dove straight in there, skipping the VHLE, unlike most of the player in his draft class. This will give him an extra season, but developmentally, he is way behind the eight ball.

As expected his, scoring leaves something to be desired. In 94 career games he's scored 3 times and tallied 35 points. He does have a respectable +41 rating, but that is more of a consequence of his team being good rather than he. He has hit 230 opponents and blocked 156 shots, showing off the fact that he can actually play a bit of defense. What's also impressive is that in the 94 games he has played, he's only taken 40 hits. This bodes well for him being a responsible defender.

Is he still worth 3rd overall? Did @Ricer13make a mistake drafting him so high? It's still too early to tell but at least there are signs of hope! 

Stay tuned for maybe next week when we maybe continue this series. I doubt I'll remember to though.