Pizza on a Pregame Playlist

kirbithan

What a splendid pie! Pizza, pizza pie. Every minute, every second, buy, buy, buy, buy, buy” echoed throughout the locker room of the Stockholm Vikings’ arena in a singsong tone as Lachlan Summers was warming up for their game against the Cologne Express. At first, his teammates thought nothing of it, as they figured the goaltender was just in his own world.

It certainly looked like it, at least— his earbuds were in as he bobbed to his head to the music, performing his pregame stretching ritual that could make a gymnast blush. Then came the lyrics that made the rest of the Vikings’ heads turn. “Pepperoni and green peppers, mushrooms, olives, chives… pepperoni and green peppers, mushrooms, olives, chives!

Sadie St-Louis’ (@sadie) brow furrowed, looking bemused before tapping Lachlan on the shoulder. His head swiftly turned to look at her, plucking out an earbud to hear what she had to say. “What are you listening to?”

“My pregame playlist,” the Aussie answered plainly.

“Yeah— but what song? Something from The Wiggles?”

“Why would I be listening to a children’s band?”

“The lyrics, Lachlan.”

That was when Lachlan’s lip twitched with amusement, offering her an earbud so she could hear what exactly was playing. Immediately, Sadie laughed. “Oh. This really didn’t sound the way I expected.”

“The beauty of alternative metal,” Lachlan hummed, and soon enough, all the Vikings resumed their usual activities in preparation for the game.

Spoiler

Word count: 237

Edited by kirbithan