Rome player of the week - Sunday 12/4 to Saturday 12/10

VattghernCZ

Not long ago, the Golden Ring team award was established in Rome. Its purpose was to recognize a standout player in every sim, and it was intended for the player currently holding the title to pass it forward to the player they deem the most valuable after the next day's sim. I personally love the idea of us players directly passing this award between each other rather than it being given by team management. But the sad reality is not enough members are active in the team's locker room to realistically keep it going. It's a shame to let this idea be wasted.

So I'm gonna try something different. With no authority in this topic other than the self-proclaimed one, I'm gonna recognize - surprising no one - our star goalie Jeremy Swayman @Agito as the most outstanding Rome player of the week.

Games 163 @COL and 166 vs. STO both got to shootouts, and Swayman was rock-solid in both these games, recording combined .922SVS% and stopping 5/6 shootout attempts.  The whole team including Jeremy folded in game 170 vs. IST, but rebounded in game 174 @IST with a respectable performance despite the OT loss. The following sim, Swayman was back in focus with 26-save 1GA performance @COL in game 178 and a 15-save shutout vs. VAS in game 182. The pattern was very similar the following day, a very good 35/38 performance @COL in game 186 followed by a 16-save shutout @GEN in game 192. In game 196 vs. GEN, Swaman looked a little shaky allowing 3 goals on 28 shots and game 199 vs. OSL wasn't exactly elite either, allowing 4 goals on 39 shots. Game 201 vs. GEN was pretty similar, (2 goals on 19 shots). However in Jeremy's last game of the week - game 206 @BRA, he was lights out again, stopping 35 shots only allowing 3 goals, and staying undefeated in the SO. Swayman didn't start the last two games of the week.