Steve Lattimer December

pugsood

This is the November installment of our interview series with Steve Lattimer, forward in the VHL.  The Sun Gazzette is beginning a new monthly column that will cover the new playing career of Steve Lattimer, who has recently joined the VHL. Beat reporter Michael J. Smith will be sitting down with Lattimer every month in his hometown of Mooselookmeguntic, Maine. 

Smith: How's it been going so far in VHL?

Lattimer: Good? I get some notifications whenever I login on here and it seems like things are going pretty decently but admittedly haven't been paying close attention.

Smith: So you don't actually know how things are going?

Lattimer: Not really. I get some updates on our internal chat from my GM (I think it's my GM?). So I have a general sense of what's going on but I couldn't quote you what our team's record is, or how Lattimer's doing. I think I had a hot stretch for a while there and then think we hit a lull. Maybe?

Smith: So what's gone well then?

Lattimer: Well, I have to give my coaches some credit, they are fairly diligent about pointing me in the right direction. Hitting me up when there are things they need me to do. Giving me light guidance on where to invest in skills development. I'm sure they want me to be a more active member but I hope they're getting something valuable from me.

Smith: So you don't know what they think about you?

Lattimer: I don't really have a clue. Maybe they don't think I have much to offer or would prefer someone who's super leaned into the league and the locker room. That ain't me unfortunately but I appreciate that I am engaged with, makes me feel like I'm doing something to contribute to winning which is never a bad thing.

Smith: Okay, so what's next?

Lattimer: I hope I can figure out what's going on with the league and how our team is doing. I hope Lattimer is  in the league for as long as it makes sense for me and for any GM to roster me. So I'll keep at it as much as possible and await further guidance on a week to week basis about what my team needs from me and where I should continue to get better. But we'll see. I think my first GM was so good, and I guess I got transitioned, and the new one is good too but like I said, he's the person you should be interviewing, not me.

This wraps up our next edition of our monthly column with Steve Lattimer, newly minted member of the VHL.