Theme Week "First Gens"

Theme Week "First Gens" a clueless guide

The life of a first gen usually follows two routes. They either run around cluelessly or they get brought around with a helping hand, or a few helping hands. In other words, they were either a fearless intellect deciding their own futures with no realistic knowledge on how to do things, or they are following someone else's footsteps and aimlessly and mindlessly doing things that had worked for others but with no actual explorations taking place. Regardless, the end result remains the same for first gens. The end would be surprisingly well done piece of art whom one could look back and admire, as long as the first gen puts in the work and effort.

As a second gen, my experience as a first gen is still relatively fresh in the memory bank. I was one who foolishly followed the footsteps of some veterans but also aimlessly ran wild, doing my own things. I received basic knowledge on how to gain "training" points from weekly assignments and followed ones footsteps in performing weekly tasks to try to gain as many "training" points to improve my player. However, like most first gens, real life gets in the way and you would forget to do things. I, personally missed a lot of valuable weekly "training" TPEs whenever I get too busy to finish and even do the simple weekly tasks of Press Conferences, Articles, and Media Spots. And of course the weekly reviews when there were no trivia to "copy" off people. That's what you do as a first gen, no?

How did I miss those valuable weekly training points, you ask?  Press Conference is typically an easy 2 TPE. 6 questions. Answer them. Even if you write 3 words for each question of whatever first comes to your mind, you are good to go. 2 training points for you good sir / madam. Articles, Media Spots, weekly reviews are a much tougher challenge. Too much writing! And how the trivia has changed, I still remember my first gen trivia was not like what we have now. There was a lot of sharing of answers and everyone had the same questions if I remember correctly. But as the saying goes, grab those two easy TPE from Press Conferences and add in the 4 easy Pension/Welfare. Don't forget to go to Practice for 1 quick upgrade training point and you are off to a good, easy week of 7 points. I didn't even do that! Whenever I get too busy, I would even miss getting the welfare 🤦‍♂️ Now future first gens, don't do that. Don't miss the easy free training points!

All in all, I feel the best way for a first gen to get a full experience would be to explore their own player builds and see what fits them. Following a veteran's advice is good for building what people find that works but where's the fun in that. You will only be following the footsteps of those who precedes you. You want to beat those who preceded you, not follow behind and feel disappointed in not getting any new records afterwards. However you want to play, play that way. If you are competitive, do those weekly tasks and ask veterans how to get more points to improve yourself. If you are more casual, explore the possibilities with the freebies and put a little bit of effort to have a fine experience while building a whole bunch of new friendships and social network! Remember, Practice + Welfare gets you 5, add in a few words for Press Conferences gets you 7. Just 7 is enough for you to build a feasible and useful player. Add in the extra weekly bonus from being actively checking the forums and GMs will come seeking you to fill out their rosters. After all, we all need lower TPA players to compliment the heavy competitive earners. Finally, have fun and mingle! 🥂

[Word Count: 661]

Edited by Rhynex Entertainment
forgot to add tag