Kirby Rambles: My December in the VHL

kirbithan

22fb630f751af844a43c9b05dc8e1db9ee7b4e1f.gif

What a wild month in the VHL. Today, I just wanted to go and ramble for a few hundred words about my experience and such. So my VHLE team, the Stockholm Vikings, unfortunately failed to make the playoffs despite securing the trio in the draft to add to an awesome team thanks to Mubbles. The only explanation is that Simon doesn’t want any team with the trio on its roster to win a championship. It happened in S84 with the waiver Marlins, and now it’s come back around. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed but I don’t know what we could’ve done differently. We just had too many unlucky sims. Damn you, Simon. I had a lot of fun as a member of the Vikings, though, and it was an awesome experience to play with John and Sadie again as well as meet new friends. Hopefully, the trio will be able to reunite in the future and then recreate together.

Lachlan had solid stats to end the season, with a .922 SV%, a 2.74 GAA, and 3 shutouts to his name. Next season, he moves onto the VHL to backup Booberry for a season or two and I am anxious to make the big jump, but I know I’ll be able to keep up and eventually become the next elite goaltender that Davos needs. 

The 2022 Christmas Charity Drive was a complete success! I’m proud to say I contributed a donation to the cause and we absolutely destroyed the goal. I thought I was dreaming when I saw “20 TPE and a doubles week,” but it’s very much real and boosted me to a whopping 474 TPE! I’ll be looking to hit at least 500 before S87 starts and I’m stoked to see what Lachlan can do once he begins to man the crease full-time for Davos.

I think one of the highlights of my December in the league was seeing that I was nominated for the Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy this season! I was shocked when I saw my name listed on the ballot, and while it’s a long shot that I’ll actually win the award, it’s an honor to see myself listed along such amazing and impactful members in the VHL. That means the absolute world to me that two or more people decided that I was a worthy candidate, as I’m the only member listed who does not have an official job position. I hope to further exemplify what it means to be an Elmebeck nominee, and congratulations to all who were nominated as well! 

To cap off this article, I’m also stoked to share that I’m a part of the VSN graphics team now! I created my first graphic for Leandro’s article “The VHLE Math Show,” and now it’s currently displayed on the homepage of the portal in all its glory. That’s freaking wicked. So to sum things up, December has been super eventful and I wanted to take some time to recap it all in one piece. Here’s to a great new year, everyone, and thanks for reading Kirby Rambles!

Spoiler

Word count: 519

Edited by kirbithan

2 hours ago, kirbithan said:

I think one of the highlights of my December in the league was seeing that I was nominated for the Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Trophy this season!

It really is one of the best feelings, and having been nominated a few seasons in a row now it's still crazy to think that multiple people picked me out of everyone on the forum.

23 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

It really is one of the best feelings, and having been nominated a few seasons in a row now it's still crazy to think that multiple people picked me out of everyone on the forum.

Every one of your nominations has been well deserved. ❤️