#AsktheBouch: Unexpected Play-off run?

Gaikoku-hito

87686176_AsktheBouchLogo.jpg.89eaf3bf4fa05bee32d5c6ca9d927641.jpg

Unexpected Play-off run?

Here we are a few days removed from New Years and the Vancouver Wolves have punched their ticket to League Finals also known by many as the Continental Cup finals. We already had this spot booked for an interview with Vancouver Wolves defender Pierre Emile Bouchard to talk about the disappoint season and what the new season might bring for the Vancouver Wolves never did we imagine that they would still be playing hockey when we made the arrangements. Either way here is the interview with Pierre Emile Bouchard about the teams new found life and run to the cup finals.

Good day, Pierre and congrats on making the finals. Did you ever believe that your team would make the finals?

“Are you suggesting that we shouldn`t be in this place? Why the doubt? Yes, we struggled at points during the season but a few trades shock the team up and we were very hot down the stretch making the play-off comfortable in the end. Sometimes that is how season go and we happened to get hot at the right time but never did we not have faith in the locker room or in our management group. We have worked too hard to get into this position to not believe.”

Well, heading into the first round against Calgary Wranglers you were the underdog as everyone expected Calgary to walk you out of the play-off rather quickly but why didn`t that happen?

“Most of the game through the regular season had been a lot closer than I think most remembered as we went 1w-3L-1OTL-1SOL so it was really a 50/50 series between the two teams that seemed to favor Calgary. They are a really good team and we knew they were going to be a tough task so in the end get up on them quickly and then not allowing them back in the series really helped us but I think we all thought we were heading six or even seven games against them not matter what. So it surprised us that we took them in five games but didn`t surprise us that we took them. It was a bit of a role reversal as well since we were favored last season and lost to DC in the first round so I guess we didn`t feel the pressure like we did last season. Heck, even you thought and still think we are on borrowed time.”

Did anything change in the series against Chicago?

“Nope, I think once again everyone was favoring the Phoenix but the regular season series was super close. I think we went 2-3 in the five-game series but only goal difference. The series really played out no different than the regular seasons as both teams were very close. Disappointing that it did go seven games as we had a chance to eliminate them is six but they fought hard all series. And game seven was nail biter as well. Either team could have won.”

What are you expecting from the finals against Prague?

“I think we could once again be in for a tight series as both teams are evenly matched as the regular season series would suggest as we also went 2-2 against them. I still think some are favoring them over us but 1v1 all the players are close. Meaning the goaltending is going to play a huge factor. So, I am feeling quietly confident of our chances but it is going to be battle and series that either can win.”

Last question, how would you rank the season if Vancouver Wolves end up losing the finals?

“Good question but in the end of the day only one team can win the championship and last season I think we took it for granted with all the talk around how good our team was that we would just make the finals. In the end this seemed to be our down fall and it was a disappointing season in the end. Better than year previous; of course, were we finished close to last but this season we struggled at points. Which is why we finished fourth in the North American conference but we knew we were a better team then our standing showed but I think this adversity has given us a silent confidence but also an understanding we are going to have to work hard to win the games. So, in the end I would rate the season slightly differently than last season where we had great success followed by the disappointment of the play-offs as we already had the disappointment and now, we are having our success. We made it further then most expected at this point in the season so that right there means it has been successful season and we have improved from last season. But I think getting this close to the cup and losing will still be disappointing so hopefully we work hard and we get the bounce so we don`t have to feel disappointed or the what if feeling. But it has been a good season; just didn`t go the way we expected.”

Thank you for your time today and good luck in the finals!!