Lindbergh Signs With Wranglers

Doomsday

DDRm5MwVYAAeiwx.jpg

CALGARY - After several long weeks of uncertainty and anxiety regarding the final two seasons of his career, the answer has finally come for Oskar Lindbergh. After the Calgary Wranglers acquired the rights of Lindbergh through a trade with the Toronto Legion, the former announced that the veteran goaltender had signed a two-year contract, ensuring he would have a home for the final two seasons of his career.

"It's such a huge relief to get this done," Lindbergh sighed during a press conference to announce the signing. "I've preached about just focusing on the games ahead and not letting it be a distraction, but it's such a great feeling to have it permanently removed from the back of my mind. Now, I can finally just do my best to make these next two seasons with the Calgary Wranglers great."

After six seasons with the Toronto Legion, Lindbergh remains in both Canada and the North American Conference, which also includes the defending Continental Cup champions, the Vancouver Wolves. The Wranglers have been on the verge of hoisting the Continental Cup with their current core, can Oskar Lindbergh prove to be the final piece they need to break through and win their first Continental Cup since Season 62?

Jethro Novacek is a writer for the MSFL Times, the finest purveyor of simulation sports news. He enjoys a good pizza, playoff football, and fresh beginnings.

• 2 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 2:56 AM, Doomsday said:

The Wranglers have been on the verge of hoisting the Continental Cup with their current core, can Oskar Lindbergh prove to be the final piece they need to break through and win their first Continental Cup since Season 62?

Yes, yes they could.