All Smiles

Bulduray_1

Backstrom gets Stanley Cup first from Ovechkin after Capitals win

All Smiles

Moscow - Winning the Continental Cup is something that every hockey player would love to accomplish in their lifetime, but very few manage to overcome the odds to obtain such a prized trophy. 

It has been a long time coming for Vancouver’s Center Sergey Preobrazhensky, who was able to finally win the VHL playoffs in a long and treacherous journey. In Moscow, Sergey was subjected to upsetting series defeat’s in the Continental Cup Final’s multiple times throughout his career. After finally achieving his goal, he showed a very visible amount of emotion after the game with reporters. “You dream of moments like this as a kid and I’m proud to win it all in front of all the fans. It really goes to show, dreams really do come true.” Sergey will try to repeat Vancouver's success next year after it was announced that Sergey Preobrazhensky would come back to Vancouver on a one year deal. 

It’s safe to say that Sergey’s season was an incredible success, as you might’ve recalled earlier in the season. Sergey wanted to boost offensive production this year after a lackluster offensive performance by his standards in S85. Sergey went out and smashed his goal, posting a career high 89 points this season, furthermore, Sergey would also go on to obtain 26 points in the playoffs. “I really caught fire in the second half of the season and really picked up my offensive production. I'm more than satisfied with my numbers this season. But we always want to improve, next year will be another fun-filled year for myself."

After several days of celebration with teammates and fans alike, Sergey was ready to head back home to his friends and family in Russia. When he arrived at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo Airport, he was pleasantly surprised as many of his supporters welcomed him after a successful VHL season. “It’s always great to come back home to where it all started, I’m looking forward to reconnecting with everyone again after a hectic hockey season."  He said to the Russian Reporters. Sergey planned to go on a big travel haul throughout Russia, meeting thousands of youth hockey players from all around the country and watching them play competitive hockey around Europe. It was always a dream of his to inspire the hockey youth around his country. “I’m just giving back to my community, it’s great helping these players out and helping them reach their hockey goals.” 

After his long travel days are over, Sergey plans on going back to his strict off-season conditioning phase, which consists of intense workouts to build his stamina and explosiveness needed for someone who plays professional hockey. “I’m getting up there in age, it’s becoming more and more important I stay on top of my conditioning. After a few weeks of training here I’ll be back in training camp with the guy’s back in Vancouver.” Sergey mentioned.

There you have it, after overcoming tons of adversity throughout his career, Sergey’s hockey journey should be an inspiration to anybody. As he now winds down with the off season approaching.