Molly the Cat takes fan questions

JCarson

Molly the Cat, thank you for joining us. As you know we asked your fans to send in their non-hockey-related questions. We have spent the last two weeks gathering and sorting those questions. Thank you for agreeing to answer them. 

The first question comes to us from Anderson Jackson, a 7-year-old from London: Molly the Cat, my favorite food is Pizza, what is your favorite food? 

Thank you for starting off with an easier question, Anderson, my favorite food is Roast Beef. 

Our second question comes from Tyson Williamson, a 10-year-old from Boston: Molly the Cat, if you didn’t become a hockey player what would you have done for a career? 

Tyson, I always worked hard in school and so had several options that I could have pursued. I always wanted to invent something and go into business selling it. At this point, I don’t have any idea of exactly what that would be, but I think it would be fun to invent something. 

Third question comes from Sandra O’Mally, a 22-year-old from Inverness: Molly the Cat, I am a recent graduate and am working at my first job. I enjoy the work but know that it isn’t my dream job. Can you offer some advice on pursuing your dream job? 

Now we are getting into some tough questions. Playing in the VHL was my dream job, and it was not a painless process to secure the position. The competition was fierce. If I could offer any advice, it would be to create a plan and take steps to achieve that plan every day. For me that meant learning new skills, blocking off time in your schedule to practice, learning how to eat healthily, exercising and marketing myself. For you it will mean different things but if you are making regular continued progress towards your goal, you will achieve it. 

We only have a couple questions left, Molly the Cat, this next question comes from Pable Ortega in Sao Paulo. Pablo is 17 years old and describes himself as a VHL superfan. His question: Molly the Cat, I believe that hockey and the VHL are loved the world over, do you think it would be possible for the VHL to expand outside of North America and Europe and create divisions in places like Asia and South America? 

Pablo, you pose an interesting question. I agree that hockey is loved across the world and as more people get introduced to the sport the level of talent being produced in areas across the world is increasing. I do expect that one day we will see an international expansion in the VHL. How that would work I don’t know, but I do expect it will happen someday. What I don’t know is when that will occur.  

Last question, it comes from 5-year-old Susie Smith in St John. I like watching hockey with my family, but I don’t like it when the players fight cause sometimes, they bleed and that is gross. So, I have a dog named Rex, he is big and cuddly. Do you like dogs? 

Well, I have to say I was expecting an extremely difficult question the way that started. Susie, it may not surprise you that I am much more of a Cat person but if I had a dog, I would want it to be cuddly also, sounds like you may have gotten one of the good dogs. 

That is our interview tonight, thank you Molly the Cat for joining us.