words

AJW

Hello I am here again writing random words to upgrade my player. I waited so long this week because I thought I would have written the VHLM awards already, but we're still waiting for votes. Instead I can talk about my player like I do every week. Bobandy has been a monster this off-season in the WJC for Team Canada. In 8 games Bobandy produced 15 points and helped Canada clinch the first seed. Canada would take silver in the finals against Team Europe, but overall it was a great tournament for the team. It has been really nice to see my player succeeding in the leagues and tournaments now. After skipping the M Bobandy was a very underdeveloped player, but near the back half he started to get better and eventually lead the Storm to a cup. Bobandy lead the playoffs in points and he did the same this tournament. So hopefully he can continue this trend entering the VHL next season for the rookie race.

Bobandy was also recently drafted in the VHL. With the 4th pick in the S87 VHL Entry Draft, Randy Bobandy was drafted to the Seattle Bears. I am super excited to make my return to Seattle after winning my first cup ever in S83 there with my old player AJ Williams. I love the atmosphere with the team and the locker room is always a great place to be. Going to be a lot of fun getting drunk and spamming bana pictures of my drinks. I know the old guy is retiring one of these days, so to be on the team to see him kick the bucket will be nice for me, I wouldn't want to miss it.

The VHLM draft is also coming up! Houston currently has a 3-0-1 roster, but with two free agents coming back that will change to a 3-2-1 roster. In the draft we hold the 5th, 15th, 24th, 25th, and 29th overall picks. I feel like players in the round 1-3 range are all solid players and will eventually earn to max. I'm hoping to draft two defensemen and three forwards for a 6-4-1. I know defense are hard to find since most people make forwards and goalies, so getting 4 of them for game 1 would be amazing. I am hoping to sign waivers throughout the season and not only have 11 players, but we'll see how that goes. I feel really good about this upcoming season and I feel like Houston will be a contender again. After two long unsuccessful seasons, it's nice to have that confidence again.

To close things off I'm back to reality working and training for football. The holidays were very relaxing, visiting family and friends and not doing anything crazy. Lots of drinking happened of course, but to not have to worry about working for 5 days was the gold star. I think I need to book a vacation for once and get away for a while again, was much needed.

Edited by AJW