A New Statue In London

Aimee

In the deep dark depths of a metal workshop sits an artist in leather with stained black hands, a charcoal pencil between his fingertips sliding against off-white paper. The outline of a statue comes into view in the glow of the forge and incandescent lighting. He grunts as the last strokes are made for a new statue in the works for the London United’s arena. One to be erected next to the already existing statue of Molly the Cat. Funded by the generous fans of Jesse Teno and their agent aimkin. Though this one of aimkin themselves, not of the goaltender. 

The fund was started by Chakravartin Dil of India @Dil, GM of the London United who is the acting president and founder of the aimkin fan club. The fan club was founded roughly five months ago, though there seemed to be little interest from the community and not much activity from the few existing members. All went quiet until early yesterday morning when Dil walked into the United’s locker room and announced that the fan club was looking for new members. Quite a surprise and not at the same time. Given the lack of interest, and Dil’s plans, he would need money from unsuspecting willing and happy fans and members. With a fee of only $1,739.00 a year, the membership would go towards paying for a giant aimkin statue outside of the arena. Why Dil chose the agent and not the player no one will ever know, as few seem brave enough to ever figure out why the pickle man says what he says half the time.

Jesse Teno was also surprised to find out that the statue was going up seeing as they have only had one year in the league and has yet to make any significant impact. “I mean I guess? Not sure why my agent is getting a statue but if Dil says it’s happening, then I guess it’s happening.” Teno walked off with a shrug and headed to the ice after Dil's address to the team.

After finding out about the announcement, aimkin commented on the generous gesture stating, “No promises that some of that won't go to line my pockets and eventually become a scandal that the VHL will cover up but then emails will come out and still nothing will happen despite public outrage.” We are sure that this quote is merely a joke and will not come up in a later report at all for any reason. 

Whatever Dil’s reasoning for the statue, we are sure that he has the best of intentions not only with the gesture of the statue but the money as well. Though it’s been rumored that the bank account for the fan club is a joint one with aimkin. Either way, we are hopeful that the membership numbers for the fan club will rise over the next season and that the statue will be unveiled sometime in the near future. We look forward to seeing what the artist has in store and just how giant Dil had in mind.

512 words for week ending 1/22/2023

Artice Review:

@aimkin creates a fun amusing story for Jesse Teno, of his quick rise to fame in London and it is well deserved.  If we know one thing about @Dilit is that he is a fan of his players.  For those that think that this article is just some fun humor you are dead wrong.  The Aimkin Fan club is an elite organization and you can join for $1739 per year.  If you act now we will waive the sales tax. Just make your payment to the league Donation thread, the kind people at VHL have made arrangements to transfer the funds to the Aimkin fan club. 

Great article, 10/10 because I choose to.