Boga’s Back

Bojovnik

The 87th edition of the Victory Hockey League is about to get underway, and all eyes were on the arrivals board at Seattle-Tacoma on Sunday as star Bears forward Yaroslav Bogatyrev arrived back in the Pacific Northwest after an extended period back in Russia.

The Nizhnii Tagil-born forward connected through Istanbul on his way to North America after almost a month back home following the Bears’ crushing play-in sweep defeat at the hands of the Vancouver Wolves.

“I’m pleased to be back. It’s certainly been an interesting off-season, but I think my preparations for the new season have been great. I feel in amazing form, and I’m looking forward to getting the season started,” Bogatyrev said.

Throughout the off-season, there have been rumblings that Bogatyrev, the 2nd overall pick in the S86 VHL Entry Draft, was growing increasingly frustrated in Seattle following a disappointing rookie season that led to many questioning whether the Bears made a mistake in selecting the Russian so highly.

Bogatyrev was said to have been dissatisfied with Seattle’s style of play, and also raised questions over some of the management decisions and roster formation. His representatives have denied all of these allegations, and have stated that the Russian forward is happy in Seattle.