This Was Supposed to Be an Article

Aimee

Well I’ve been MIA from the VHL for a few days and I swear it feels like weeks since I last did anything of real substance here; including following discussions on discord. So let me list what I can think of between my work load that I’ve missed or have been running behind in.

@kirbithan made me a graphic for my sig and I have yet to add it because I was struggling with the imgur and download trick and honestly did not have the time to figure it out so the usable one is just sitting in my DMs waiting to be used.

As of my last check, I have the 9th worst VHFL team. Quite depressing if you ask me. Hopefully things pick up but honestly, I’m not too sure. I’m really getting my ass kicked in Fantasy this season.

I have yet to find the time to do the press conference for the Marlins or the Starfish of the Sim for the last few days and I have absolutely no idea what I am going to do for my media spot this week. (Never mind this turned into my MS without me even meaning to).

Apparently I’m in the running for the All Star Game European team??? I mean, we know I won’t win but holy shit I’m honestly surprised I was even considered. The voting is not going my way but again, just being considered really means a lot. So thank you to whoever voted for Jesse!

I grabbed some trivia and had to guess both because I just didn’t have the time or energy to go searching for really obscure questions. Got one correct on my guess though! I didn’t know affiliations were a thing outside of the other sim leagues? Not even sure if it means the same thing or not.

I honestly have not checked in with the Marlins or London overall to see how we’re doing. Work really just has been that busy. All I know is that Jesse is maintaining a winning record with 2 shutouts. But I also am sure that my stats are not top 5 numbers.

Normally I browse through the new forum content once or twice a day and I haven’t scrolled through the page in at least a week.

On a personal note, my fiancé and I have booked a venue, photographer, and florist for the wedding. She also found her dress and I have an appointment with a tailor in Brooklyn next month to discuss my custom suit. The only things left to do at this point until the summer are to book the hotel block and find a DJ. 

For those who don’t know I work in taxes and accounting so basically from January 1 to April 15th I am just going, going, gone. Which means my production and my social life on here will be down to what it takes to just max earn each week and get by. And it looks like I somehow managed to make a media spot out of a .com article.

Till next time.

516 words for week ending 2/12/2023

34 minutes ago, aimkin said:

Not even sure if it means the same thing or not.

There used to be affiliate like there are between the NHL and AHL, where prospects of one team would move up to the big leagues, as far as I'm aware. This was WAY before my time though. Although I assume the answer you were looking for was at the bottom of this post in case you're curious!

Hey man, that's life right? You're doing the right thing taking care of real life stuff first. Tax season will be over once again before you know it and you can get back to a semi-normal life. 😉 Keep up the good work! You're doing great.