Logan Blog: Dealing with hyper kids

WildfireMicro

"Hello everyone my name is Logan Foley and welcome to a special long episode of the Logan Blog! It has been a bit since I have done one of these, so I decided to tell you all about an incident that happened when I was moving from New York to Stockholm Sweden. Basically, I was trying to board the plane, but they were making sure my passport was up to date, so I was kind of being held up at the airport which made them realize that I was a hockey player that had played professionally. According to one of them, he once tried to become a professional hockey player, but an injury kept him from achieving his dream.

I kind of took his story with a grain of salt, because anybody can say that they could have been a professional athlete, but he seemed pretty serious about it. So finally my passport goes through fine and I get through, taking my place in the plane. I ended up sitting next to a couple of Swedish kids who apparently were with their parents sitting behind me, all of them having taken a vacation to New York. The kids did seem like they have had a bunch of sweets before the trip, and it was tiring the parents out to try to keep them still.

I decided that I needed to do something to help them, so I talked to the kids and told them stories about being a professional hockey player. This did work wonders, as they payed attention to my every word until they eventually got tired and started to wind down. The parents were very appreciative, and I just told them that it would inconvenience us all if the kids couldn't sit still, and that my babysitting experience helps with situations like this. I explained that I used to be a babysitter for various kids in the neighborhood when I was a teen, and that had given me tons of skills for when I have to deal with kids.

The rest of the plane trip was mostly uneventful and I was asleep for most of it, however I did figure out who on the plane had motion sickness. After I got off and got through customs, I was met at the airport by the Stockholm Vikings staff and got to my apartment and set everything up. The family I met in the airplane completely slipped my mind until a few weeks later after a game at home, I was heading off the ice when I noticed the same family trying to get my attention a few rows above the team entrance.

'you were telling the truth!' one of the kids sas as she stares at me 'my brother said that you might be lying, but I knew you were telling the truth!" I told them to meet me outside of the arena, where I took a pick from the team equipment area and signed it with a white marker.

'just something for you to remember me by' I smile at them 'mayne you remember this moment when you are being big hockey players, huh?' I say to the two kids before I shake the parents hands and leave for my car.

Well that is all I have for this blog. I will see you next time, and go Vikings!"

(I didn't know what else to title this)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 7:59 AM, WildfireMicro said:

I told them to meet me outside of the arena, where I

proceeded to beat the shit out of the punk ass kid who questioned my status.