vhl

qripll

Review:

Classic - Is the word that comes to mind when reviewing this graphic! The shades of black and white gives this piece a sleek and classy feeling. The font gives it a timeless look reminiscent of a Rolex ad. While I enjoy the font in its shades of gray, some letters of the players name tend to blend in with either the Jersey or background colors. It would be nice to see those letters pop a bit more for a clearer read. The VHL logo blends in nicely with the jersey and looks great. This graphic will stand the test of time with its classy and timeless look. 

9/10

Review:

I think just doing a black/white greyscale takes some guts, it is definitely not the easiest to do... and to make it look good as well. I think you did a really good job on this one.  The image is really nice as it focuses on the player itself and kinda' almost fades the background for you so you focus on the player (main image). The VHL logo also stands and really grabs your eye as the centerpiece image for me.  I would suggest next time to maybe try to remove the NHL logo and shoulder logos if you can, with a brush or blur maybe.  The only real criticism would be the text/name. This is probably the hardest part when it comes to black/white images.  I would try a blending glow/stroke or drop shadowing to just make the black part of the text standout against the background.

Other that that it is a very clean classy looking graphic.

9/10