Remote Control Day

Thunder

Is this really Valentine’s Day, or is it “Remote Control Day.”  I’m just throwing it out there because February 14th in the Thunder house, I’ve been calling it Remote Control Day because its the only day that I can actually take the remote control away from the TV stand next to my wife and change the channel to something I want to watch and she’s not particularly interested.  Every other day of the year, as it seems, if I should happen to have the remote control and the channel is something Mrs Thunder has no interest in, I either turn over the remote, or change the channel to something she is willing to watch.  Now, I have been putting up with this for so long that it just comes natural for me to automatically tune into something else.

For example, if I am watching the Bruins game, the first words out of her mouth when she steps into the family room is, “Are the Ducks playing?” And when I say “no”, she spouts out, “Are the Sharks playing?” And if I say “No,” her question goes to the Kings.  She really doesnt care who is playing, its a control thing for her to make me not watch the Bruins.  At least she doesnt ask if the Penguins, Canadiens, or Sabres are on, because then I’d have to consider a divorce.  A man can only put up with so much.

Now, I could go on and on about this, but its a .com so I only need 150 words and I’m way beyond that.  I will end with this…. If @JardyB10 happens to read this, he’ll probably say something like, “Hopefully your other nut drops someday!”  If @Scurvy reads this, I know he won’t say anything because he never gets the remote!

303 words