Ctots Ctalks - RIP Season 87

ctots

7 hours ago, Thunder said:

Ha, you had to use your kids’ piss to pass the drug test.

At the lab they were like "sir, this is a sippy cup of apple juice"

2 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

lol u had no job, loser

I tried reaching out to you about a job as a Junior Rock Fryer but my email must have gone to your spam folder or something.

9 hours ago, ctots said:

I tried reaching out to you about a job as a Junior Rock Fryer but my email must have gone to your spam folder or something.

It would be pretty cool if you moved to SK to fry rocks with me

1 hour ago, JardyB10 said:

It would be pretty cool if you moved to SK to fry rocks with me

I mean I am aware that Canadians eat weird things like poutine and maple syrup, but frying rocks? or is this code for something (and if yes, do I want to know)...

6 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

I mean I am aware that Canadians eat weird things like poutine and maple syrup, but frying rocks? or is this code for something (and if yes, do I want to know)...

It definitely sounds like code for smoking crack, now that I think about it. Which also sounds fun, but specifically he’s referring to a podcast of mine where I was literally frying/drying rocks over a stove element as part of doing sieves/gathering samples to figure out if crushed material was the proper spec.

11 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

It definitely sounds like code for smoking crack, now that I think about it. Which also sounds fun, but specifically he’s referring to a podcast of mine where I was literally frying/drying rocks over a stove element as part of doing sieves/gathering samples to figure out if crushed material was the proper spec.

like for gravel/cement/building material where you test the resistance against heat/temperature changes? that sounds interesting...

6 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

like for gravel/cement/building material where you test the resistance against heat/temperature changes? that sounds interesting...

Not quite that fancy, the material is for building roads, and I heat to remove all the moisture and find out what the % of moisture in the material is, i.e. the water weight. Road construction is by far the least elegant construction, haha. It’s metaphorically a guy with one closed sticking his thumb out in front of him and declaring a straight line.

15 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Not quite that fancy, the material is for building roads, and I heat to remove all the moisture and find out what the % of moisture in the material is, i.e. the water weight. Road construction is by far the least elegant construction, haha. It’s metaphorically a guy with one closed sticking his thumb out in front of him and declaring a straight line.

ah ok they do that for coal as well, as the moisture % is defining how valuable the coal is (amongst other stuff like calorific value and the size of the 'nuggets' or 'nodes')... obviously the less water the more valuable