Torq's Thoughts

Steve

Malmo seems to have defied the skeptics and finished in the third slot in the European conference. I think not so long ago, a VSN article had us not doing so well against the teams we beat and even shut out one of them. It just goes to show you how determined Malmo is and the dedication the players have by earning more than they ever have. It's a good time to be in Malmo. I hope we have some puck luck against the almighty Moscow team. You never know until the puck hits the ice how the series will turn out. Sometimes it's a good thing to come into a series as an underdog. We will see very soon.

This is most likely Torq's last season with the team. I would think a trade is in the cards as the team is aging and Malmo needs to take a page from Vancouver and have young players working to make the team. All of our defense is the same age and into regression. Not a great sign but one that can be fixed. We will see how the team handles any player movement. I hope it's a plan to become a solid team season to season. I know that's a tall order but I think it's the proper way to build and rotate players.

Good luck to all in the playoffs.