Joining the Victory Hockey League

nerji

For my first media spot I wanted to talk about my experience finding and joining the Victory Hockey League and how I found the entire process. I only recently started finding these sort of leagues where you develop one player and seeing as it's my favourite aspect of sports games when I play them, I was pretty excited! The first league I joined was the Professional Baseball Experience and that was back in late November. Since then I've joined one other hockey league who are using Franchise Hockey Manager 8 and now the VHL using the SimonT Hockey Simulator which I had never heard of before now.

Since I had been enjoying my time in the PBE I started poking around their affiliates board and saw VHL. It hadn't been posted in for a bit and the discord link was broken so I browsed around the VHL forums a bit and left it at that. A week later I decided to come back and check it out more. Needless to say I was pretty impressed with how things looked and I signed up.

The sign up process was pretty straightforward and easy and one of the first things I noticed off the bat was this fantastic VHL portal! It's something I had thought would be great for the PBE so when I saw this one I was pretty excited. Doing most things in one place is so very nice. Being able to easily make my claims, assigned attributes, and do practice was super smooth and I had no issues with so kudos to the writers of the portal!

While using the portal, I wanted to try to get in my claims for the week. I set out to learn about TPE and where I can make it. I know that once you join one of these leagues, this process becomes like second nature but for someone new there is always a small learning process. I started off in the Create a Player board and a topic called "How to Earn TPE". It looked pretty good but turned out it had some outdated stuff in there. I asked for help on discord (I'll come back to this in a moment) and got directed to a thread called "TPE & Point Tasks Tutorial" which was actually a media spot post and that cleared a lot up for me.

I said I'd come back to the point on discord and I wanted to say that the people posting in the newcomers-help channel are fantastic. I know it's annoying to answer so many questions from new people as you probably get the same questions all the time but the people answering here were quick to reply and offered help right away. It both helped me get set up and made me feel welcome which is always a good thing as well.

One thing I saw which I thought was great was a phone app, it looks like it hasn't been updated in a while and I can't even download it to my phone, I hope I'm not missing out on a really cool feature. I did wonder if it was kind of outdated.

I'm still going to be learning how some of this all works but so far other users have made it an easy and enjoyable process and I thank you all for that. I look forward to a long career in the VHL!

Welcome!  When it comes to the app, you aren't missing anything.  It is basically just the same thing as the forum and portal just in a slightly different format.  I tried it for a bit but went back to using the browser.

Glad your experience was a smooth one!  Joining during playoffs is a bit confusing but it will let you learn how everything works before the real fun begins!  The Junior Showcase Tournament is right around the corner which will be a good time too!