End of season interview

Greg_Di

Vrana Returns To Game Action, Opens Up About Struggles In Radio Interview

The end of the season is here and we sit down with Henry Eagles to discuss his thoughts on his season, the Wolves season and the upcoming playoffs.

R: Hi Henry, welcome back for another interview. First of all congratulations to you and the Wolves on another successful season.

HE: Thank You and yes it was a very good season for the Wolves. We finished first in the league and the only team to get more then 100 points

R: Did you think at the beginning of the season you guys would finish first overall in regular season standings?
HE: To be honest, I didn't think we would end up first. I knew we would make the playoffs but we had quite a few changes in the off-season and the team didn't know how well those moves would work. We had faith in what our mgmt team was doing though and in the end it all worked out. We finished as the best team in the regular season and hoping to win back to back cups!

R: How did you think your personal season went? Did you achieve what you wanted to achieve?

HE: I did finish with career highs which is nice but I fell short of my own personal goals. I wanted to finish with 40 goals on the season but finished with 37, I also wanted to finish with 90 points this season but ended with 81. While still good; it wasn't where I wanted to be. I fell short and I need to do better next season.    I want to be a top 10 player in the league and so far in 3 seasons I have not yet achieved that goal. Time is running out and its time for me to start playing to my full potential

R: How do you think the Wolves will do in the playoffs?
HE: I think we are the team to beat. If my predictions are correct out biggest competition in the North American conference will be Calgary. I forsee us playing them next round and if we get by them then we will win the cup. I truly believe they are the only team that could potentially stop us. 

R: Would it be a disappointment if you lost in your first round matchup?

HE: It would be a massive disappointment, while yes we won last year but we want to win again and losing in the first round would be horrible. Especially after the dominating season we had. I don't see us having a weak spot on paper. As long as we show up and give 100% every night then we can and will win the cup.

R: Have you set any personal goals for next season or are you focusing on the playoffs?
HE: While I have set the same goal for next season as I set for this season, my main focus is the playoffs. Nothing else matters to me at this point except to get ready and be at my best. This is what we play for and the regular season at this point means nothing. Anyone can win and if we don't play every night at our best then we won't win....if we don't win that would be a huge disappointment for us, our management group and our fans. The expectation is to win and that is what we will go out and do.