Interview with rookie Rip Wheeler, VHLM - Las Vegas Aces: Season 87 in review:

ScottyP

Interview with rookie Rip Wheeler, VHLM - Las Vegas Aces: Season 87 in review: 

Ok, here we are…season review time for Rip Wheeler…so here we go. 

72 games played…didn’t miss any games due to injury…Ironman guy! Lol…but seriously…let’s break it down…

30 goals:…a decent a lot of genos for a player that prides himself on the physical brand of play…

Quote from Rip “you know uh, I tried to a fill the net for the boys…I’d want to put more pucks in uh the net…but I think I uh contributed for the boys.

47 assists, 77 points….ok, so Rip was a P2G2 “Point Per Game Guy”… it bad for a rook…he lives the team and appreciates doing what it takes to get a win for the. Our. 

Quote from Rio..”you know I love saucing it up for the boys..glory for the boys is what’s it all about…I want the boys to be uh, on the Wheaties box ya know?!?

Plus minus was plus 4, not bad…tough

Year for the boys, so anything on the positive end of things is a positive for Mr. Wheeler. 

313 shots on net…  it bad…almost 4.5 shots per game…Rip was getting some solid pucks on the net. 

97 pims! Soooo close to 100! Rip was pretty disciplined, but still let the boys know out there…definitely looking forward to beaming 100 PIMS next season! 

194 hits! Now it’s not 200, but still a solid outing for the rookie…he definitely likes to throw his weight around. 

Rip quote…”ya know uh, I try and uh play a physical game the boys…I uh like to get my body involved and let the other team feel my passion for the boys! I uh, you know uh want to keep hitting guys and getting my numbers up…Juan Ceson, really made a name for himself thisn year and I hope to eventually be on that level. I wanna hit everything that moves! Send a message to the other team that were not messing around! 

Rip had an ok time in the playoffs…4 points j 5 games…12 PIMS, 22 hits…but -5 was a rough go for Rip…he’s gotta be better when he’s out on the ice. 

Parting thoughts for Rip on season 87 of the VHLM….

I feel like my consistency in getting TPE has helped Rip become a contributing member of the Aces for sure…I still seem to wait until Sunday night to get all my TPE tasks done…gotta work on that. 

I am slowly but surely getting to understand and appreciate the VHL and the different ways to make your player successful. I appreciate all the help I have received from Scurvy and Sharky…Also my Las Vegas Aces managers have been helpful in showing me the ropes around the VHL. I hope to continue my journey in the VHLE and eventually the VHL (the show!)…I am still very new to all this and am learning my way around the app, the website and the league. I appreciate all the support from Scurvy, Shirley, and Blazzer…I will continue to give it my best and try and crush the league in the only way I know how. 

Aces up!!!