An Analysis of My TPE (this was supposed to be an article)

Aimee

Being a first-gen means starting with nothing when you join the VHL. With no carryover of TPE to get you started, you’re stuck with whatever the pro-rated TPE is from where you are in relation to the season plus whatever you can figure to earn in the first week. So, since Jesse isn’t up to much of anything, I thought I would quickly go through my progression of TPE since joining the week ending June 19, 2022.

Since June, I have earned a total of 848 TPE and averaged 21.2 TPE per week with 15 per week being my most common earning.

My first week I earned 60 TPE; 54 Base, 2 Practice Facility, and 4 Welfare because Shindigs had yet to slide into my DMs and tell me what was what. From there I took off like a rocket, earning 21 and 29 TPE in my second and third weeks. I hit the ground running and honestly, I haven’t wanted to stop. Sure, I struggle some weeks and currently work is making participating next to impossible but I’m nothing if not a TPE whore and I plan to grab up all that I can.

My best week, outside of Week 1, was the week ending January 1, 2023; and what a way to ring in the new year. Yes, the free 26 TPE from the Holiday Celebration is all to thank but I could have easily just earned that and nothing else. Instead, I did my max earn 13 plus wrote Jesse’s biography. It was a well-earned week. But, for the highest week without outside help, that would be the week ending October 30, 2022 with 30 TPE earned all on my own. It consisted of the 13 capped plus 5 VHFL points, Donation 5 TPE, and a Donation Doubles Week. I did have higher weeks that wouldn’t be considered “free” but I’ll count doubles week from theme weeks to be outside influence. Lately I have been stagnant at 13 since I cannot seem to get a point out of Fantasy Zone these last few weeks to save my life. Just not my season, I suppose.

All this to say that my hard work has me as the top of the first-gens for the S85 class and one of four in the top ten of my class. I am currently sitting in fifth for TPE earned, having recently passed Acydburn for the position permanently. It’s going to take a few weeks to a few months before I pass Phil but I’ll get there; just need to keep on chugging and work for every TPE I can grab.

I also have no plans to retire Jesse before their final season so we will see how far up that S85 leaderboard I can get. We will also see if I can ever catch up to current top spot Frank. But there are a lot more seasons to go and I have all the time in the world. (Except for now because tax season). 

502 words for week ending 3/19/2023