It's Booberry Time

CowboyinAmerica

:dav:

Davos, Switzerland -- Xavier Booberry has done a lot in his professional career. He's won Top Goalie and Most Outstanding Player awards for the entire VHL. He's won the very first VHLE title. He was named VHLM MVP. He might even put in the most practice hours of any player in the 88 season history of the league.

But there's one thing Xavier Booberry hadn't yet seen: a VHL finals matchup. And now, that has changed.

Booberry recently played in his first two VHL finals games, splitting the results on the road against the Calgary Wranglers. To the veteran goalie, stepping out on the ice resulted in a mix of nerves and anticipation for the new experience.

"I mean, this is the finals. This is what everybody plays for. I'd be a bit surprised if I wasn't overly hyped for this one," Booberry said following the Game 2 loss. "But now we're in it, and I've got a job to do. I need to play better than I did tonight, because we need me out there."

Indeed, the Wranglers/Dynamo matchup looks to be a tight one, with many analysts believing the series will go seven games. Especially as Booberry faces off against his former Vasteras teammate in Oskar Lindbergh, he knows that any small play could swing the entire series.

"But we've had this pressure for a while - I mean, just look at the last series," Booberry added, referring to the team's 4-3 series win over Malmo. "Maybe we haven't been to the finals before, but we're used to the pressure. And I'm confident we'll be able to draw on that reserve to pull this one out."