Fisbwhajshbdbene

AJW

I am sorry in advance to anyone who has the courage of reading this entire media spot. It’s midnight and PTs for this week close in 3 hours so you have the privilege of reading my article typed on my phone while I am on the greens.

So in recent news Houston was eliminated in the second round of the playoffs by Mexico in 7 games. We had a 3-2 lead but couldn’t reach the finish line. It was upsetting to see an end to our season without any hardware, as me, Triller, and the whole roster were building a team this season to win a cup. Congrats to Mexico who broke their second round curse, unfortunate they couldn’t win it in the end but they had a great playoff run. 

There were a lot of positives to come out of this season. First of all I have an amazing partner running Houston with me. When Minion got promoted to a GM role, Triller just recently started showing up more in my feed. He was replying and reacting to a lot of my medias so I figured why not ask him to join me. After some convincing I got myself a stud of an AGM. Triller has been a positive role in our team’s morale and overall success, always being in the locker room and forum with our team and new members of the league as well. He is amazing at development which is key in the VHLM and key to our team. 

The roster we had this season was a little all over the place. First we had a few returning players from the previous draft who were 100+ TPE. Then we had this season’s draft which eventually produced 3 capped players for Houston. Waiver players came after with one becoming capped and the other reaching 170 TPE. Finally we had a trade to complete the puzzle, a capped goalie. This roster was the best I have created in my four season GMing career, and the bonus was that I didn’t need to trade any future assets away and force a rebuild. I really truly believed we had enough to win it all and once playoffs came by I was ready to go.

The only bump in the road though were the Kings, and of course we had to see them in the second round, not the finals. Once we had our 3-2 series lead I was still unsure of what would happen because the series was back and fourth the whole time. We lost game 6 and then I was stumped. I had no idea what the outcome would be. It felt like if I flipped a coin I’d have better odds at guessing the outcome than this series’ outcome. Mexico ended up taking it and I swear a GM once told me that if a team wins game 6 in STHS they are bound to win game 7. This is of course a theory but after this series I will definitely have that theory screwed into my brain everytime I get to a game 6 in the future.