Around the League (off-season addition)

Scurvy

For this week’s Around the League in 500 words (and doubles week) I really don’t have much to chat about. The off season is a struggle (especially when you get eliminated early) but I’ll highlight a few players, talk depreciation, and discuss from potential free agents looking for homes.  

CONGRATS TO CALGARY

I’d like to send out a huge congrats to the Calgary Wranglers.   They played and amazing season and playoff and have such a stacked team.  They deserved to win.  Enjoy the victory and see ya in S88.  

PENDING FREE AGENTS

Since I am completely bored and needed a media spot this week for some good doubles points before depreciation (More on that later) I started checking some pending FAs. I was shocked when I saw some of the names available.  Now I am not sure if some of these players have already agreed to re-sign with their current clubs but still some huge names. 

Xavier Booberry (G), Nico Pearce (F), Hari Singh Nalwa (D), Vinny Detroit (F), Nezuko (F), Cole Pearce (G), Matty Fire (F), Nils Godlander (F), Dusty Wilison (G), Scotty Sundin (F), and Deron Nesbitt (D) are just a few of the higher TPE players on the list.  

There were also several “Active” players in the at 450 – 800 TPE players that can push a club over the op come playoff time. Just a few names there include Sock Monkey (F), Jason Argos (F), Baxter Arcanum (D), Flynn Remy (D), and Matt Evans (F).  

I am excited to see where some of these players end up and how it changes the fortunes of not only the team they left but the new club they join.  Also, Warsaw is a great spot if you join us!!    LOL

DEPRECIATION BLUES
So after much confusion and DMs I believe that this is my first year where I experience depreciation.  I am a S82 draftee with one year in VHLM, one year in VHLE, this is my 7th season total.  Now I am set to retire in S91 which is total of 10 seasons including VHLM time.  So if my math is right then I will depreciate this year.  I am nervous as to how much I will lose of my hard earned TPE but I understand that with age comes some loss. As I am typing this, I see that I depreciated 128 TPE (YIKES).  Luckily, I have 138 banked so I can replace it easy enough. I am hoping to stay aggressive with earning TPE so that I can keep contributing to Warsaw’s hopeful success. 

DRAFT HIGHLIGHT

As the draft approaches I remember when I was a total NOOB and received some team interest from VHL clubs asking me questions or sending questionnaires. It was an exciting time and I shared that with my buddy @scottyP who has Rip Wheeler in the VHLM.  He’s 16th in overall TPE right now so probably a 2ndrounder. I shared with him to watch the draft on Twitch as it was a pretty cool experience and I wish him the best as he starts the next season in his VHL journey.