The Continental Cup

Triller

It took an extra season but as some of you may have seen, I completed my rendition of the Continental Cup!  I had previously completed the Founders and Renaissance Cups and posted them up.  Check them out at the bottom if you are interested.  But here we go, the Continental cup!

giphy.gif

So I took my main inspiration from 2 trophies, one of which most of you will recognize, the body shape of the Stanley Cup.  With how the league works and the history it has, I wanted to have the same usability that the Stanley Cup has.  When a ring fills up, the bottom ring is removed and archived in the Hockey Hall of Fame.  The Continental Cup works the same way.  When the top ring fills, I will remove the bottom ring and put in a new one for the league winners to fill!  The cup currently can hold 96 Seasons of VHL history but you know I can't let that be it.  I want season 1 and 100 to live on the cup together for a moment so once the top ring is full I will add another and the trophy will hold a total of 112 Seasons before the bottom ring is swapped out for a new one.  I will keep the old rings, don't fret.  The other trophy I took inspiration from was the top of the Bill France Cup, which is awarded to the NASCAR Cup Series champion.  Instead of the track around the cup I made the "V" to represent the VHL.  I added dark wood rings around the neck as well to bring in the wood element that exists in the Founders Cup and Renaissance Cup to connect all the leagues.

I43ZzTD.jpg     u2DxHXq.jpg

PcoBYN8.jpg     wxFImw5.jpg

EEJUrJg.jpg     HYRnYBi.jpg

0CnQjiF.jpg     4MK3og0.jpg

mVSPRS3.jpg

I appreciate all the kudos received for these cups I made.  I enjoyed creating them and giving them out to the winning teams to enjoy.  I doubt these will be official in anyway but while I am here I will update and maintain them so that everyone has something to celebrate with and work for!  I encourage teams to throw these out where ever!  I will also be making a series of PNGs for each cup that anyone can use in their graphics!

Check out the turntable in 4K

Previous Cup posts:

(unclaimed)

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Frank said:

@Beketov update HOF!

Not my job. I make the banners, that’s all. Vic updates the pages, the dev team would do any actual changes.

Man... @Triller, all I can say at this point is "F- You!"

Brilliant work as always, and yeah... your renditions - should you give usage rights - should be now part of the HoF. Heck! You should be inducted into the HoF - quite literally - as a builder.

5 hours ago, leandrofg said:

Man... @Triller, all I can say at this point is "F- You!"

Brilliant work as always, and yeah... your renditions - should you give usage rights - should be now part of the HoF. Heck! You should be inducted into the HoF - quite literally - as a builder.

Thank you again!  Anything I have made while on these forums I would love for anyone to use.  If what I have done gets to be a part of the history of this site it would be an honor!