The top name in the Junior Showcase tournament!

Trazan

The junior showcase tournament is in full swing and today I thought we should take a look at the number one top talent, Leading the tournament in points as a defenseman and per my sources also a wonderful human being;

Liv Slater(@Subject056)

9 Goals 25 assists for 34 points in 18 Games Played

Many wonder how this is possible, The Junior Showcase tournament has been held yearly for awhile now and not once has a defender held the top point-producer spot this far in (at least i don't believe so).

The brigade's GM really hit the jackpot with this pick. 

On a scale 1-100 experts have ranked his puckhandling skill at 62 and that's what this prospect does best.

After a game against the Steels I know an investigation was launched looking into the stickiness of Slaters stick.

As far as i know nothing was found but some players still believe he's using some kind of glue to keep the puck on his stick. 

“It’s glue. I swear that prick is gluing his stick! Frick it! It’s impossible to have that control naturally!!”

A very frustrated Tord Yvel said in the post game media scrum.

He really does it all for his Brigades this year. the points establish his dominance in the offensive zone.

Let's have a quick look at his defensive-game. scouts ranked his defensive ability at 60 and it shows up when you look at the numbers.

35 blocked shots takes him to a tied third place in the tournament, with a couple games fewer than the one and two ranked. 

with 48 hits he is tied seventh in the tournament. We can surely say he's not a soft and cuddly teddy bear either.

you will have to pay the price if you want to enter a zone that Liv Slater is holding down.

I personally recommend that you just turn around and go to your own zone, it's a lot better for your health.

Even off the ice Liv seems to help his team and be a top notch human being.

Here’s a quote i got from teammate Alex Carlson describing the person Slater is:

“Liv has been an excellent teammate who is not only dedicated on the ice but in the lockerroom as well.

I played with her in Houston, on team brigade in the journey tourney and we are again teammates on team world.

I will miss her presence in Houston lockerroom but wherever she goes,

the team will be lucky to have her”

-Alex Carlson

I don’t know where Liv will end up in the draft but I will be very surprised if it’s not in the top of the class.

They say the GM’s of the VHL have a difficult decision to make in the upcoming draft. I personally don't think this is something to fret about;

Pick Liv Slater as early as you possibly can,trade up if you have to and never look back. Here you have a high end top 2 defenseman with leader capabilities. 

I will enjoy watching Slaters journey in the VHL-sphere, a fantastic player that will only get better as the competition hardens and the challenges get bigger.

will use as next weeks Media spot

~530 words

Edited by Trazan

15 hours ago, Subject056 said:

This was very enjoyable to read! Thanks for the write up on Slater and the mention! Cheers 🍻

It was fun to do, You are really crushing the JST :) I'm so sorry for assuming your gender, Won't happen again 😞

3 hours ago, Trazan said:

It was fun to do, You are really crushing the JST :) I'm so sorry for assuming your gender, Won't happen again 😞

No worries, its all good! 😁 It was cool media spot to read!

Article Review:

Great article, nice to see someone do an article that isn't about their own player.  This article gives a great view of an up and coming talent.  Made me interested in watching Slater in the JST and I hear she is also signed up for the ProAm.  Looks like we will get another chance to watch this talent before the official season begins.  Liv Slater is going to be one to watch as they move forward.  Positioning themselves in the JST and the ProAm may improve their draft potential.

I give this article a 9/10, great work, keep it up.