Cooke S88 Goals

KRZY

Todd Cooke is well into his off season training and has set his goals for the upcoming S88 season . Cooke achieved and ultimately surpassed the goals he set out for himself in S87 . Even when at the start of the season it looked like he was going to come up short .

Lets review his goals from last season . First off he came into the season looking to double his assist , goals , and points totals . Not only did he do all three of those he more then doubled his assists and points. Cooke also finished the season +17 on the year which was miles better then the -27 from his rookie year . Todd also only took 1 minor penalty last season and nearly doubled his shot output , meaning he was a very responsible player that could create offence and play good defensively.

Now heading into Season 88 Cooke is setting a lofty goal of doubling his goal output from 20 to 40 , he’d like to reach 50 plus assists , and if possible break the 100 point milestone . While maintaining a good plus/minus and staying out of the penalty box aswell . Cooke has all the tools to make it happen , and this season he should be able to jump into that higher echelon type of player that he so badly wants to be . 

How does he achieve these goals you ask ?

Cooke shoots the puck a lot so first off capitalizing on the opportunities will be key this season , He will need to continue his strong two way playmaking game as well in preset to contribute and meet the high expectations put on himself .

” Do you consider yourself a top player in the VHL yet ? “ Cooke was asked at a summer hockey tournament interview  in his hometown this off season .

Everyone wants to be a top player and help their team get to that next level . I think I took huge steps last season getting to that level , I’ve put in a lot of work and effort this season to break through to that next level . I’ve said all along I want to be a top player in this league and I know I can be 1 . It’s just on me to perform and continue to put in the work to get there .

“ @InstantRockstar picked up your player option and resigned you to a big ticket contract this season how does that make you feel seeing the potential that others see in you ?”

it awesome our Management has been awesome helping me grow and progress as a player in this league . It’s now my turn to show my appreciation for both their patience and faith they’ve put In me . I’m getting paid well I might aswell perform right ?

“ LA has made quite a few moves this off season , have they done enough to return to the playoffs and go farther this season ?”

I think so far we’ve made great moves to help us achieve the ultimate goal of winning a Championship here in LA , I think we could use a few more pieces to fill out our roster. But that being said I think we’re a competitive team and we’ll be in the hunt this season .