Offseason Rambling

v.2

• Well the draft was fun! A little more stressful than I thought it would be once the picks started rolling in, but I think Toronto ended up with some nice potential steals in the later rounds.

• Our top selection Bobby Bob seems poised to become the franchise D that we were gunning for, although Stone would have also been a nice pick. I kinda feel bad with how Prague handled him.  Either way with both of them still on the board at the 3 spot it was a win/win for us.  

• Bob is going to play down in the E this year (it's still fuck the E all day), which is fine as I think we still need one more full season before we can initiate compete mode.  Jaks has been called up after spending time in the E last season.  

• I am stoked to finally play on a VHL team with Kelvi.  We may have in the early days but my old deteriorating brain literally cannot remember, so let's call it a new experience. 

• Both animal and moon were on vacay during the draft, but kudos to both for remaining active during the process and checking in.  animal did an amazing job with scouting and pre-draft interviews leading up to the night.

• Atlas' build is slowly coming along.. I hope to break the 700 TPE mark by S88 puck drop.  Curious to see how STHS will treat him this season, I do expect Toronto to be slightly better but who knows.

• Committing to a team and following through a rebuild has been more rewarding than I initially thought.  Been ultra busy IRL with a new job and my activity kinda dipped there for a bit but I feel like the spark is still there with this player and club.  I refuse to click just yet!

312 words

Edited by v.2