Booberry Moves Into Seattle Apartment

CowboyinAmerica

:sea:

Seattle -- For the past eight years of his life, Xavier Booberry has lived in Europe. First it was a year with the Vasteras Iron Eagles. Then it was four and a half in Helsinki with the Titans. That was followed by three and a half seasons with HC Davos Dynamo. And all the while, Booberry adjusted, but the goalie from Northern Minnesota never quite felt at home.

But now, for the first time in a while, Booberry is back on North American soil. Granted, Seattle isn't quite the same as Minnesota. But the goalie - who has also represented Team USA in multiple World Cups - does feel somewhat more at ease in his new living conditions.

"I mean at least it's not a cross-globe flight to see family, the portion sizes are large like me, and there's plenty of nature and hiking around like I'm used to. I think I'm going to like it in Seattle just fine this year," Booberry told local media after training camp. "It's not quite home, I'll admit, but it's a good place to be."

Bears management and Booberry alike know that he's only going to be around for one season before retirement, so he hasn't looked for a permanent home in the area. But then again, he didn't shut down the notion either.

"I've only been at each stop in my career for few years, so I haven't developed a deep connection with any one place. I just kind of assumed I'd be back in Minnesota after my career," Booberry added. "But as it draws closer, who knows? We'll see what happens in the Pacific Northwest. I'm just going to take one day at a time and worry about that when it happens."