Slater's Draft Experience

Subject056

The draft came as quickly as it went; however it did exceed my expectations. When I first joined the league I had been told the drafts were a fun and exciting time which was indeed true. Draft time did not disappoint! 

With the help of my Houston GM and AGM I was able to build my first player as a solid offensive defensemen that played well and caught the eye of a few GMs across the league. 

The JST tournament was a place where I was able to really get my player's name out there and I'm glad I got the opportunity to be part of the JST. Slater continued to dominate the JST and it's been fun to watch the progress of my first player. The first draft up was the VHL where Slater was pick 7th overall and drafted to Chicago Phoenix! This was a big surprise! I thought Slater would most likely get picked in the 2nd round but I did not anticipate a 1st round pick. Especially being up against some higher TP earners and other players who have bigger names in the league that have been around longer. I wasn't expecting to be picked at 7th overall so it was an exciting moment when it happened.

The VHLE draft was a few days later but it did not disappoint either. Slater again was picked 7th overall and drafted to Oslo Storm! I got a couple of lucky number 7 comments! I wasn't sure if Slater would be picked during the 1st round again but lo and behold it happened. 

All the streams for the VHL, VHLM and VHLE were extremely entertaining to watch. I wish we had a monthly stream where the hosts of these could get together and do an update on the happenings in the league! They all had some great commentary and chemistry together. A big shout out and thank you to the hosts, GMs, AGMs and players who were part of the streams. Thanks for keeping it fun and for the great stream! 

I'm looking forward to seeing how Slater continues to play in both the VHLE and VHL. Hopefully the momentum can keep going and we'll continue to see great things from Slater! 

Word Count: 373

Claiming for week ending 4/9