Post-Dental Bedtime Stories With Beketov: A VHL Recap & Review 

Subject056

Post-Dental Bedtime Stories With Beketov: A VHL Recap & Review

gSTre0M.jpg

On Wednesday afternoon (or evening depending on where you live) VHL members were treated to a 2 hour live stream of Bedtime Stories with @Beketov ft. brief cameos from Luna!

Beketov set the mood for the stream by informing VHL members that he had been to the dentist beforehand and would be reading with a frozen mouth. Would we see drool while he read with a numb face? Only the live stream can show us! Chat participants eagerly awaited the stream as Beketov set up. Chant’s of ‘WHEN’ popped up on the VHL General discord as soon as 3:30pm PST hit. Bek had 22 children's bedtime stories selected for the stream and us viewers knew we were in for a treat. @Moon mentioned he was really looking forward to this as he had been requesting this stream. Beketov kept the chat participants engaged between books and let us pick book numbers from the stack to determine the next book up. The number selection was a great idea to keep us guessing what would be next. Books ranged from classics like Robert Munch’s Mortimer and some select Dr. Seuss to newer ones I had never heard of before. Beketov gave it his all and even gave different characters different voices!  Did they all blend into a bad version of a British accent…maybe, but either way it was a true Dad moment. 

There were some unforgettable moments during the live stream. 

The ones that stood out for me are listed below:

-Luna getting up and walking around in the background and just being cute in general

-@samx requesting the Candle Stream from Josh on chat which many of us are eagerly awaiting and hope happens!

-Beketov reading Dr Seuss using the Dr Seuss flow and some words sounding like something else all together. More specifically ‘A box of socks’ coming across as well… Let your imagination run wild!

-Discovering @Baozi's Mom also has the same couches as Beketov 

-Finding out the VHL Portal shares an IP address with Beketov so we all are essentially Beketov’s multis

-Everyone agrees that Caillou is the worst children’s TV show on the planet and that he is a vicious, unaging monster.  Also, Bluey is the best! 

-Kobe mentioned the only children’s book he ever read was Curious George which was… curious, but we’ll take it!

-Baozi missed a book he was looking forward to seeing on the stream due to work. He informed VHL General chat that he was on the bus home and sent a photo of his travels.

Nothing like live updates from a member! Proof of bus travel included

qlJ5aLe.jpg

-Sam’s Mom asking what she was watching with Sam having to explain the stream to her Mom, who then mentioned it was cool This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

d2d0xvU.png

As requested by Sam, the last book before we all disconnected was ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ which seemed a fitting way to end the stream. For a brief moment in VHL history several of us sat around our screens and listened to Beketov share stories. A moment that will forever remain etched in VHL history. Much like @Josh's candle stream so many of us wish to see again or for the first time. 

What future streams like this lay ahead for us in the VHL? It is uncertain but what is known is that this was a fun and extremely entertaining stream that I’d rate a 10/10. Despite having a dental appointment and coming back with a frozen mouth Beketov made the VHL proud with no drool to be seen! Beketov acted out characters, checked the chats to engage with us, let us run amok in the chats and took breaks to give Luna a pat. Thanks Beketov for a unique VHL experience and for your time! Thank you to the chat participants in the stream for being active and adding to the experience. Hopefully we’ll see more streams like these in the future!

If you missed the stream I've included the link below for your viewing pleasure:

Link to Stream - Click Me!

Word Count: 684

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Subject056 said:

Did they all blend into a bad version of a British accent…maybe

Oh they most definitely did.

More specifically ‘A box of socks’ coming across as well… Let your imagination run wild!

I meant to go back and listen to that part. I think you all just have horribly dirty minds.

Everyone agrees that Caillou is the worst children’s TV show on the planet and that he is a vicious, unaging monster.  Also, Bluey is the best! 

Accurate and also accurate. Fuck that little piece of shit.

What future streams like this lay ahead for us in the VHL? It is uncertain

Uncertain except for the Zoo Tycoon stream I owe everyone. That’ll be at some point.

• Commissioner

Also fun fact that I noticed this morning: I missed a book. I had taken out "Oh No George" but accidentally left it on the table so it should have been 23 books. Perhaps if people show up I'll read it after the VHLE sim tonight.

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

Also fun fact that I noticed this morning: I missed a book. I had taken out "Oh No George" but accidentally left it on the table so it should have been 23 books. Perhaps if people show up I'll read it after the VHLE sim tonight.

Nice, that would be a fun way to end the sim if enough people log on.

Also Zoo tycoon would be hilarious and fantastic to watch. We're all looking forward to that one for sure!