Career Reflection - Kovalchuk

Banackock

SEATTLE - it’s a topic most players in most professional leagues don’t ask themselves until it’s all over. The prospect of a career ending doesn’t cross one’s mind at the start or middle of the career and often doesn’t set in until near the end or at the very end. It’s at the time of taking off the gloves for the last time, I’m tying skates, and lifting the jersey over your head one final time that it finally hits you. As if your life were ending your career flashes in your mind and eyes. You were left, reflecting .It’s at the time of taking off the gloves for the last time, I’m tying skates, and lifting the jersey over your head one final time. Did it finally hits you. As if your life were ending your career flashes in your mind and eyes. You were left reflecting on the career that you had and you no longer will and you begin to question what is next for you. Where will you go from here? What will you do? Will you still get to be involved in the VHL? This is a question that Mikhail Kovalchuk was recently asked at an interview. This is what they had to say!

“ i’ve been very honoured to be able to play in the VHL like my father Maxim did. I have been able to live the dream that so many young hockey players, all throughout the world dream of. I’m very fortunate to be in a position where I still have a lot of hockey left to play too.

i’ve had a lot of special moments in my career. I’ve been able to play in North America and in Europe, and in both locations I’ve had an amazing time. Prague was very cool! Experiencing the culture and just hockey there was a very neat experience. I played pretty good hockey too. In London it was also very cool, and I gotta play it under management that I really enjoyed. The team was also very good and a close group. I’ve also been fortunate enough to find my way back to the team that drafted me when I was just a rookie player starting their dream. Seattle has always been my home and I’m very happy to be back but I’m also very fortunate for all the experiences I’ve had elsewhere. Who knows maybe before the end of my career I will end up somewhere else!

for my statistics I have been very consistent and usually in the 60 point range. While I would like to be higher, I don’t think anyone can argue that I haven’t been a consistent player and generally I’m pretty good. I was really expecting to step it up this season in my return to Seattle, but it hasn’t turned out like that so far. I mean I guess I’m doing pretty good in all stats, but I would definitely like a lot more points. I’m really hoping to turn that up.

It’s fun to reflect on my career as often times you can kind of get lost in it. I know some players can’t even get bored of a career which is very surprising, but I understand. This reflection is made me happy that I still have a lot of time left in the league and as long as everything goes well I’m very excited for it.”

570 words. With a broken hand Yep Yep Yep