Happy Homecoming For Landry

Doomsday

Happy Homecoming For Landry

Phoenix-Coyotes.-Enough-Said..jpg

DAVOS - After a shot from Thomas Landry found its way into the net several nights ago at the Zurich Center, it was met with plenty of applause. Fans stood up and cheered while the aging forward celebrated taking a 1-0 lead with his teammates. However, there was no goal horn. The arena did not erupt into pandemonium and there was most definitely no playing of Brass Bonanza, for Landry was playing for the opposing Calgary Wranglers this time around.

"It was weird coming back in a different sweater," said Landry following the Wranglers' 3-1 win over the HC Dynamo, in which Landry was named the game's first star. "But it still felt like home just the same. The fans were great, I got a great ovation when I got back onto the ice and I definitely got choked up a little to see how much my career with Davos means to them."

Landry continues to have a solid season with 36 points in 33 games and continues his assault on Tukka Reikkinen's single season hits record with 192 hits thus far. Calgary currently sits in third place in the North American Conference.

Jethro Novacek is a contributor to the MSFL Times, the worldwide leader in fantastic goings-on. He enjoys storming the castle, McFarlane NFL figures and dropping presents out of the bomb bay of a Boeing B-17.